Valentines day

TJ POV

My eyes shot open as a thought popped into my head. "It's Valentine's Day". I turned to find my phone to check the time.
4:28 am. Only a few more hours until school starts. I tried to go back to bed but I was too anxious. "I hope he likes my present. Will he be disappointed? He probably thinks it's some big grand gesture because of how secretive I was. Oh no he's not going to like it. Yes he will. I don't know"

"Wake up honey. You know what day it is?", my mom crept open the door.
"Yep", I rubbed my eyes.
"Watch out!" She threw a card at me. It landed in front of me on the bed. I reached to grab it and open it. It was a Valentine's Day card that said "to my lovely son, I love you so so so much. Happy Valentine's Day! Love, Mom"
"Thanks", I set the card on my side table.
She smiled and closed my door as she left.

I checked my phone and it was already 6:30 am. I can't remember if I slept. I got up to get dressed. I tried to look nice without being obvious. I put on a T-shirt and jeans.
"I could be nicer", I said. I searched through my closet. I found a button up shirt.
"Will this make me look like I'm going to church or make me look like an e-boy?" I decided that I wanted neither so I just went with my T-shirt.

I went downstairs where mom had attempted to make heart shaped pancakes.
"Welp. I tried", she placed a deformed heart blob on my plate.
"At least it tastes good", said Amber.
We ate and then got in the car.

"So are you coming to the party?" I asked Amber. Cyrus was planning a Valentine's Day party after school since Andi wasn't here to do it. The party can only go until 7 because it was a school night but that was plenty of time.
"I don't know. I don't have anyone to go with", there was a hint of sadness in her voice.
"Well Jonah is going and he's still single. I know you two aren't together, I honestly don't think you should ever be together again but, you can still hang out with him", I shrugged.
"I'll talk to him today", she said.
We arrived at school. Time to keep a secret for just a few more hours.

Cyrus POV

It's the day. Valentine's Day. This means I get to find out what TJ and Marty's secret was. I get to find out why TJ kept it such a big secret. I was throwing a Valentine's Day party at my house right after school so I quickly cleaned my room before going downstairs to eat breakfast. I'm so relieved that the surprise is good and not what I thought it was. I was so embarrassed to have thought that but so happy to be proven wrong.

I got to school and waited for TJ to come.
"What up, Cyrus", Buffy walked up to me, "you know what today is?"
"Valentine's Day"
"Yes. Which means we get to know the surprise", she said.
"What do you think it is?" I asked.
"It's probably something big. There had to be a reason why it was so secret", she said.
"Well we kept our presents a secret", I said.
"Not as suspiciously as they did though", she pointed out.
"Well they're just both bad liars"
"I shouldn't have my hopes up because these two don't seem like the type to buy good presents but... my hopes are a little up", she said.
"Maybe they went to Jonah for help"
"Then it would definitely be a bad present", she thought for a moment, "maybe I should lower my expectations".

TJ finally showed up only 10 minutes before the first bell rings.
"Happy Valentine's Day!" He walked to me with open arms. I went into his embrace.
"How're you doing?" He asked.
"I'm exited!" I exclaimed.
"You may want to lower your expectations", he said.
"I already know I'm going to love it". I could see him start to get a little nervous.
"Let's hope", he said.

School was over and I started setting up the party. Too bad Andi wasn't here to help. This wasn't going to be a big party because it was a Wednesday school night, but it still did some. My mom went out and bought cupcakes with pink frosting, red napkins, and other Valentine's themed things. Since the party was right after school I didn't have much time. Buffy was the first to show up and was quickly followed by Marty. TJ showed up a few minutes later. TJ walked in looking very tired.
"Is jonah or Amber coming?" I asked.
"I'm not sure", said TJ. I noticed he wasn't carrying anything. "Where's his gift" I wondered.