Our Past

Joannas POV~

I woke up the next morning ready to get cleaning. The event from last night kept playing over and over again in my head, and I kept thinking about Erik. Why did he save me? Why did he care? He didn't have to do anything for me.

"Good morning Joanna"

I heard a voice say from behind me.

"Meg!" I hugged her and she me. Meg was Madame Girys daughter. Madame Giry was the woman who trained the ballet Girls. I had seen her a couple times around the Opera house but I never had a full conversation with her since we were always busy. Meg had become my friend the day I came to the Opera house. We talked before I had met Erik. Meg was a good friend, I knew we were slowly becoming closer. "How are you?" She asked me "I'm doing okay, cleaning" I held up my rage and smiled. She smiled back.  
"I shall speak to you more later, I must attend practice"
"Of course" She headed of to the stage and I continued to clean.

7 hours later~

When I had finished my job for the day I went back up to my room and freshened up to see Erik again. There was really no reason for me to see him again except that he had saved my life and I was very grateful, it was a decision that I made out of fear and made stupidly. I was also curious about him, he didn't tell me anything about him last night. Our conversation was merely about music and what we enjoy doing. As I got ready to see Erik, I changed from an old dirty white rage dress into a pale blue short sleeved one. I also put on a cloak I had to cover up my still very noticeable bruises I still had from getting beaten. They were more purple on my arms and shoulders. They were mostly faint on my neck, I think Erik might've seen the one's on my neck when he put his cloak on me since he stood staring at it for a few seconds. Though he didn't ask about them which was good since I didn't want to tell him my story yet. If I had to take a guess I'd say they would take about 2 months to lose the purple color and heal. I took out my messy curly updo letting my natural curly hair flow down as I made it look presentable. I pinned a few pieces of hair from the front sides of my face to the back of my head. I also pinned my bangs back and only let a few short curls flow down my forehead. I took about fifteen minutes getting ready and five minutes getting to Erik. I walked into the underground home that he lived in and searched to see where he was. When I found him, I saw he was sitting at the organ trying to compose.
"Erik"
He turned and I smiled. He returned a smile as well. Very small, barley even noticeable, but I saw it.
"Joanna"
he said while turning back to the organ "Hello" I was still smiling
"I didn't think you'd actually return"
"Why wouldn't I?" "Well, to start of with, you don't know me" "True....but that's the reason I came back" He turned to face me again and there was silence for a couple of moments. I walked closer to him and he stood from his seat. "Tell me about yourself"'
I took a seat down where he recently sat and watched him. "There is really nothing to tell"
"Im sure that's not true" He looked at me for a quick second before looking at the ground. "How about I tell you something about myself and you tell me something about yourself, deal?" "Alright" "okay! Ummmm... what would you like to know?"
"Why did you want to kill yourself last night?"

Eriks POV~

Joanna walked in politely greeting me. I gave her a small smile in return and greeted her as well. I wouldn't have thought that she would actually come back, yet her she was standing right in front of me. I took a moment and studied her up and down. She had her hair pinned back, her curls gave her a lovely look as some went to the back of her head and the rest were loose. She was wearing a long light bule dress that stopped just above her ankles. A cloak was wrapped around her as well and she had her hands behind her, hiding her arms. I got up from where I was sitting at and she sat down. "Tell me about yourself" she said to me, she was still smiling, something told me she did a lot of smiling. I didn't answer her. I didn't want to tell her because I was afraid she'd be scared of me or something of the matter. When she saw I was not going to answer her she began to speak again. "How about I tell you something about myself and you tell me something about yourself, deal?" I thought about it for a brief moment and realized this could be my chance to know her and learn about her. "Alright"       
"okay! Ummmm... what would you like to know?"