| two |

"Bye, girls!" Sunny laughed as she fumbled around inside her bag for the keys to her apartment. Kate and Andrew Davis' apartment was just a few floors down from Sunny and Gray's but Sunny's friends still insisted on walking her home.

Sunny clumsily dropped the keys and let out a little intoxicated giggle as she knelt down to pick them up. She was grabbing the keys when the door opened. Peering up through a few strands of messy dirty blonde hair, she saw Gray standing in the doorway of their apartment. He only wore a pair of sweatpants that hung loosely on his hips.

"Hi." She smiled up at him.

"What are you doing down there, sweetheart?" He furrowed his brows together and held his hand out for her. Sunny took his hand and let him pull her to her feet. His bare chest was warm and inviting. She leaned against him, closing her eyes as she rested her cheek against his chest.

"Dropped my keys." She reached out to drop the jingly keys on to the stand by the door but missed by a few inches. They fell to the floor. "Damn it."

"I'll get it." Gray laughed softly, guiding her to the sofa. As he let Sunny go, she sunk down on to the soft cushions. He went to pick up the keys and put them on the table. "Did you have fun?"

"Yeah." She smiled and nodded her head. Sunny tried to reach her foot to take off her boots but in her drunk stupor, she couldn't do it. "Can you help me, Gray? My shoes...." She trailed off in a string of intoxicated giggles.

"You sound happy." He commented as he knelt down in front of her and gently pulled the boots off one by one. "You didn't say you'd be out for so long. It's past midnight."

"I kept trying to leave but the girls wouldn't let me." She pulled her dirty blonde hair out of its ponytail. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." Gray stood to his feet and held his hand out for Sunny again. He pulled her to her feet once more, holding her close to his body. His hands gripped her hips a little tightly. "M'glad you enjoyed yourself. Let's go to bed. I'm tired."

His warm touched left Sunny but she tried to make him stay, refusing to let go of his hand.

"Carry me.... please?" She pouted. His dark blue eyes lingered on her for a few moments. For a split second, Sunny sobered up and almost apologized. But before she could do that, he swept her off her feet and took her back to our bedroom. "Thank you." She buried her nose into the warm crook of his neck.

———

The sound of glass shattering made Sunny jump awake. She pushed the blankets off of herself and hurried out of the bedroom to investigate. In her half asleep daze, she didn't see the shattered glass on the floor at the end of the hallway. She stepped on the glass and collapsed to her knees on the mess of shattered glass. She cried out at the sharp burning pain in her feet and knees. She looked down at the blood on the floor. Her knees and feet were dripping crimson. Her toes were beginning to go numb.

Confused, Sunny looked around to see what had broken. It had been a picture on the wall of her and Gray on their two year anniversary. The image was laying a few feet away from her. From where she was at the end of the hallway, she could see Gray standing in the kitchen pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"Gray?" Sunny's voice was a little raspy from having just woken up. "Gray, what happened?"

"Didn't have the lights on. Couldn't see where I was going." His voice was cold and devoid of any emotion.

She looked down to her knees and tried to pull a bigger piece of glass out. She winced at the stinging sensation. She tugged the oversized shirt of his that she wore down to cover her panties.