| three |

Sunny was sitting at a table in the kitchen within Firehouse 51, eyeing the drawing in her sketch book. Everyone had been gone for a few hours so she busied herself with other things.

Just after the first responders left, Sunny had taken some aesthetically pleasing pictures of the empty firehouse. One of her favorite pictures was taken within the locker room. A few lockers had been left open. A pair of work boots sat at the bottom of one of the open lockers. A black hoodie was laying across the bench in the middle of the aisle. There was a shirt thrown over the top of a locker door. A set of keys were even dropped on the floor. The setting was simple and anything but neat, but it spoke to the harsh reality of being a firefighter. When they got the call, they didn't really have time to make things nice and neat before they left. They had lives on the line that required their immediate attention.

The door that led out to where the trucks were kept opened. Sunny straightened her posture in her seat and closed her sketch book.

"You're still here." Severide commented. She looked at him for a few moments, stupidly lost in his eyes once again. He was in a pair of firefighter pants with red suspenders hanging down. A dark blue shirt hugged his torso and a radio rested on his right shoulder.

"Can't get rid of me that easily." She nodded her head with a little smile.

"Oh I wouldn't want to." He teased.

Sunny picked up her camera from the table and turned it on.

"Would you mind if I took a picture of you?" She lifted the camera up and focused it on him. Before he could answer me, someone stole his attention.

"Hey, Severide?"

Sunny snapped the picture just as he looked away.

"I saw that." He pointed at her, a teasing grin on his lips. Sunny smiled innocently and took another picture of the group coming in through the doors just behind Severide.

"Are you messing with the nice photographer, Severide?" A shorter man with gray hair joked. He had a thick Midwestern accent. "What was your name again?"

"Sunny." She answered him.

"Herrmann." He held his hand out for her. "This is Matt Casey, Joe Cruz, Stella Kidd, Gabby Dawson, Sylvie Brett, and you already met Severide."

"I like your necklace." Kidd sat down in the seat next to Sunny and leaned in to look at the daisy necklace she wore.

"Oh, thanks." Sunny looked down at the pendant and picked it up. "My grandmother gave it to me when I moved to the states."

"Where are you from?" Cruz asked. He took a seat across from Sunny. The rest of the firefighters and paramedics seemed to go to the kitchen in search of food while they listened to the conversation with the photographer.

"Well I grew up just outside of Paris but my dad is from New York so my parents decided we should come here to America when I started high school."

"That's so cool!" Brett exclaimed. "But where's your accent?"

———

Sunny spent a while just chatting with everyone at Firehouse 51 but then it was time to get back to business. Gray was going to pick her up so they could go out for lunch so she made sure she had a decent amount of pictures before leaving around noon.

She made her way out of the firehouse, checking the few messages on her phone. Most of them were from Kate but there were some from her older sister, Anastasia, and one from Gray. He was on his way to the firehouse to pick her up.