Chapter 08

Naru look at the brunette sighing beside him. She has dark circles in her eyes and a haggard face. He can see that she's really tired. Seeing that she's hardworking just to help him, Naru suddenly form a small smile on his lips and rub Mai's head. Mai's eyes widened as she look at the cold narcissistic boss of hers.

"Good job, Mai."

"W-w-ha.... T-than-nks!!"

Mai blushed at the sight of this handsome big boss. What the devil is wrong with him? Why is he praising me all of a sudden? He can do better than me since he's The Great Oliver Davis!

The next day, Mai returned but Naru didn't. Lin and Mai is the only one in the house since Takigawa-san, Matsuzaki-san, Masako-san and John went to check on the Morishita Family at the hotel. Mai walk towards the base when she suddenly felt a hand on her feet. It's cold and Mai trembled at the touch. Before she could even look at her feet, she was dragged to the living room, to the well and fall unconscious.

"Kyaaaah!!!!!"

"Mai!"

Lin saw the scene and ran to the living room.  Lin's heart race as he look at the dark well. He immediately grab his phone from his pocket and called Naru.

"Lin, I'm already done and was about to go back. How are the things there?"

"Something happened. Mai was dragged to the well a minute ago." Lin said in a calm voice but deep inside, he is really worried about the lass. That girl is an important candidate in melting that Cold Narcissist's ice coated heart. He promised Naru's parent that he will do it and he believed that Mai is capable in helping him, though he is a bit annoyed with her.

"... I'm going back. Fetch Mai and keep her safe." Naru said and hang up.

***

Mai slowly opened her eyes as she hear some droplets of water falling. She was in a traditional Japanese house and saw a little girl playing a ball beside a lake.

Suddenly, a man in black coat walk towards her and extended a hand towards the girl. Mai had a bad feeling about the man and tried to stop the girl from grabbing the hand but her hand just slip through. The girl left with the man and they disappeared. Mai suddenly felt loss and she almost felt a huge stone pressing into her heart as she suppressed herself not to cry.

The surrounding went black and the setting changed. A woman, similar to the woman that traps the children's souls, appear running towards the lake shouting a name.

"Tomiko!... Tomiko! Tomiko!"

"Aaaaaah!!!!!"

The woman went insane when she can't find her daughter. After that, the woman went to the well and committed suicide by throwing herself in. It was the same well where she entrapped those children's souls.

Mai sighed as the setting went black again. Will-o'-the-wisps appear everywhere and her eyes widened at the sight of this.

....Astral plane...

It is where a spirit travel when she or he leaves the body while sleeping. And she is currently in her astral state.

"I didn't know that you can do astral projection on your own."

A warm voice sounded behind her as she turn. She saw a man in his teens wearing black walking towards her. He has the same face as her boss, same hair colour but she noticed that they have different eye colour. Naru's eye is dark blue while this one is indigo.