1) New job

Taylor had just finished college and was on the hunt for an internship over summer. She had been offered a job as an assistant to the deputy director of parks and recreations in her hometown of Pawnee. Obviously, parks and recreations wasn't her passion but she knew she needed recognition before she could move on the greater things.

She got out her black and white striped bag and stuffed her phone and purse into it. She grabbed her demin jacket and swung it over her shoulders, flicking her long blonde hair out of the way.

"It's just for a few months," she said while staring at herself in a mirror. She hadn't been looking forward to this. Yes she was passionate about government work but she wanted to make real change and not just a few extra bins in a local park. Sighing heavily she walk out of the home and jumped into her car.

-

The white Audi pulled up outside the enormous government building. Taylor pressed her lips together in disapproval. Why had she agreed to do this? Well mainly to get her parents off her back. They weren't exactly thrilled that she still hasn't got a 'proper job' but this was a start. Her parents never supported her with any of her life choices. They once didn't speak to her for a month after finding one single wine bottle in her fridge. She didn't care anymore though. This was her life and she wasn't going to spend all of it seeking others approval.

The beeping from her watch dragged her back to reality. Damn it. How could she be late on her first day. Frantically, she leapt out of the car and ran into the building so quickly she almost knocked an unsuspecting bystander over.

Fashionable late she reached the door that said parks and recreations on it. She closed her blue eyes and inhaled deeply before pushing the doors open.

The office was quite. People were scattered around the room but no one noticed the small girl enter. She walked up to the first desk on the right. A young girl sat there flicking through her phone. She had dark hair and deep brown eyes that Taylor could stare into for hours. She gave off a cold persona which was evident after Taylor had tried to gain her attention by clearing her throat but she stayed glued to her phone.

"Hello?" Taylor tried again. The girl didn't move. "Erm, I'm meant to be starting a job here today. Do you know who I should speak to about that?"

Suddenly, she lifted her head. "Yeah, maybe Satan could help."

Taylor honestly hadn't expected a reply from the cold person in front of her. Even if it didn't help at all, it was a start. The girls dark hair cascaded over her shoulders, mesmerising Taylor. Her dark eyes looking the blonde up and down before starting into the aqua eyes.

"Aha! You must be the new intern!" A small blonde woman broke them from their intense staring competition. She skipped out of her office and observed the new girl stood before her. "Looks like you have already met your new boss," new boss? Was this terrifying but undeniably hot person her new boss? "Are you going to introduce yourself to your new assistant?"

"I'm April." She said still looking at her phone.

"You'll get used to her. My name is Leslie Knope. I work in that office just there so if you need anything don't be afraid to ask." She seemed nice. Unlike her new boss. "What did you say your name was?"

"Taylor."

"Well Taylor, this is your desk. Right next to April's. Have a good day!" And with that she bounced back into her own office. Taylor sat down at the desk next to April's. She still wasn't acknowledging her. Taylor stared at her, hoping she might feel her eyes burning into the side of her face. Unsurprisingly, it didn't work.

"So, is there anything you need me to do?" No reply.

"Maybe a coffee or some notes taking or something like that?" Still nothing.

Taylor scanned to office to see the other people around. They all seem equally as unwelcoming as April. She had only been there for 30 minutes and was already wondering when she could go home. Or if all jobs were this boring. She had never had a proper job before so this was her first time working. She had washed a neighbours car before but that was because she had accidentally got paint on it.

"Can you not do that?" The girl next to her suddenly spoke up. She had subconsciously started tapping her acrylic nails on the desk out of boredom. She stopped though as soon as she saw the brown eyes glaring at her.

"Sorry, I'm just bored."

"Well do some work then." She replied with a snigger.

"Well I would love to, but you are my boss so you need to actually give me some work to do." April trapped her red lip between her teeth and looked her assistant up and down again. Taylor could feel her cheeks heating up as her new boss undressed her with her eyes. She met her eye-line again before opening her mouth to speak.

"Go get me a coffee." She demanded before returning back to her phone.

Great. Taylor got up and made her way to the cafeteria. This was going to be hell. Two whole months of working for this insane sociopath. But it was a job and it would help her get to where she wanted to be. She just had to deal for now and hope she isn't murder by her boss in that time.