17) Maintaining power

"Fuck." Taylor exclaimed, her eyes wide in fear. "Help me put my trousers on while I do up my shirt." April stood in front of her awkwardly, debating what to do. She didn't want to just return to their old ways after that. Eventually she shook her head.

"What so you can fuck me but helping me put my trousers on is too intimate?" Taylor couldn't believe it. She knew that that wouldn't fix their relationship but she thought April might be able to maintain a conversation with her again like a normal person. She grabbed her trousers after doing up her top. April went to stand by the entrance to the office. Hopefully she could distract Leslie and give Taylor more time to sort herself out.

"Hi Leslie." She greeted still rather flustered. "You didn't need to come and check on us. It's all going smoothly. You could just go home if you wanted." April stood in front of the door obstructing Leslie's entrance.

"Well it wouldn't hurt for you to show me what you've done. It's always fun to come and watch my two most promising employees prepare for a presentation." Leslie tried pushing past April, succeeding easily. She marched towards the meeting room. April held her breath as Leslie pushed the door open.

"Hi Taylor." Leslie said, informing April that Taylor had succeeded in getting dressed. She followed Leslie into the room.

"Hi Leslie." Taylor just about managed. Clearly she was still struggling to steady her breathing after what had happened a few moments before.

"Are you ok? You're neck looks a bit bruised." April's eyes widened. Taylor had done a good job of getting dressed quickly but there was nothing she could do about the attack on her neck.

"Oh, it's nothing. I think there was a mosquito or something in here that bit me." April looked at Taylor with a questioning look. Taylor winked at her subtly.

"No it looks really bad. Maybe you should go home and take something to help with the swelling." Leslie was too sweet. And also clearly too innocent.

"I did tell her that but she wouldn't listen." April chimed in from behind Leslie. Taylor smiled at her sarcastically. Causing April to chuckle slightly.

"Both of you go home. You can show me what you've done tomorrow." Both girls sighed in relief.

"Thank you Leslie." Taylor said and her and April began walking out of the office. The awkward silence resuming. Neither girl knowing what the other was thinking.

Taylor really wanted April to give her the chance to explain. She missed April like crazy. Every thought was consumed by her boss. Every dream was consumed by her boss. She wanted nothing more than to be back with April. After that she hoped that April may be more open to talk after releasing her anger. They might be able to finally make some progress.

April desperately wanted to forgive Taylor. But she was too stubborn. Taylor's explanation would probably mean she had no real reason to resent the blonde but she couldn't just let her win. Yes, she was a power freak. She knew that and she enjoyed the fact that Taylor would do anything for them to get back together. The second April took Taylor back, all her power was gone. She was going to take Taylor back at some point, probably. But in the meantime, she could enjoy the younger girl being at her mercy.

They reached the car park, still walking side by side in silence. It was slightly awkward but Taylor enjoyed every precious second in April's presence.

"See you tomorrow." April began walking in the opposite direction, towards her car, but Taylor grabbed her arm turning her back around so they were facing each other. Taylor opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. She just stood there opening and closing her mouth like a fish. She desperately needed to talk to her but didn't know what to say. April just looked at her with raised eyebrows.

Unable to think of words to express herself, Taylor opted for something else. She crashed her lips onto April's causing April to lose her balance slightly. Taylor poured all her love into the kiss, desperate to remind April of what they had. Her hands cupped April's chin, her thumb lightly rubbing her cheek.

April was stunned to the point that she was paralysed. Not kissing back, not because she didn't want to but because she couldn't. Taylor eventually separated their lips bringing April out of her trance. They stood, just staring into the others eyes.

"I'm still mad at you." April declared. Her gaze wondering down to Taylor's lips.

"Well if you let me explain." Taylor countered.

"Maybe." April pondered the proposal. "But not yet." She reached forward to stroke her fingers over the dark marks on Taylor's neck. "I think I've got a bit more anger to take out on you first."

Taylor swallowed heavily. Yes what they had done earlier was extremely pleasurable, but she wasn't sure how much more her neck could take. And it was playing with her emotions. Taylor just stood in stunned silence. Unable to formulate a response.

"Night Tay." April smiled at the girl before turning and walking over to her car.

Taylor watched April walk away. She had called her Tay. Surely that was a good sign. And she had said that she might be able to hear Taylor out in the future. Even the prospect of them getting back together gave Taylor butterflies.

For now she would just have to put up with being ignored unless April wanted to take 'revenge' again. Sure it was meant to be revenge but Taylor enjoyed it just as much as April, if not more. But really, she didn't miss April in that way. She just missed April being April. She would give her right arm for a normal conversation with her again. Just like old times. But until they talked about this, nothing significant was going to change.