10- I'll Do It

In the next few days, Dalton became really sentimental and sweet. It was because he was trying to avoid panic attacks, now that he knew they scared Maddie. Thursday came around and Maddie had to tell him about meeting the people he's been upset about, hoping that he wouldn't freak out.

"Dalton?" She asked, walking into the living room where he was writing in his lyric book per usual.

"Maddilynn?" He mimicked, making her furrow her eyebrows. She absolutely hated her full name. It was too common, except for the spelling.

"Don't call me that."

"Why? It is your name."

"But it's.. You know what? Never mind. I want to ask you something."

"What?"

"Do you remember when I went to see a friend last Saturday? About the master class?" She said, sitting down on the armchair in front of him. "Well, they weren't really my friend. And it might not have been a class..."

"What? Who were they then?" Dalton asked, closing his book.

"Yours. Or at least, your old ones." She stuttered, suddenly nervous. He was silent for a moment, processing.

"You met them without talking to me?" His voice raised in volume, yet his expression was the same, unreadable.

"Just listen to me before you get mad, okay?" She sighed, biting her lip. "I met them because they contacted me first. I told them that you weren't ready to meet up with them and resolve the issues you guys had between you and left it at that. They, however, want to meet you soon, if you are up to it."

"No." He snapped. "You're lucky that I'm not freaking out right now. Don't you remember the other day? We can't talk about them."

"Have you ever thought that maybe you freak out and can't stop thinking when people mention them because you have so many things you left unsaid with them?"

"Maddie, I have nothing left to say to them!"

"Yes, you do!" She exclaimed, waving her left hand in an angry gesture. "That's why you have panic attacks, genius! Even I can see that and I don't have to have the degree Shaw has!"

"Shut up! You don't know what you're fucking talking about!" He stood up, shoving the lyric book onto the table and storming into their room.

"It's a good thing you have therapy today!" She screamed, walking over to the door. "Call me when you aren't acting like an ass."

She slammed the door, pulling her keys and phone out of her pocket. The fight came out of no where, they were in a good place until she had brought up meeting them. Maybe it was a bad thing. Maybe she should have waited just a little longer. She walked out to her car. getting in and realizing she left her dance things in it, so she could just go to work a little earlier than usual.

Dalton walked out of their room as he heard her walk away from the front door. He was furious with her. Why would she talk to them without talking to him about it first? Why did she lie? Weren't they supposed to trust each other with everything? And on top of all of that, she expected him to meet up with them soon. It was like she didn't know him at all. Realizing that it was 4:30 already, he grabbed the keys to his car and drove to his group session.

"Hey Dalton." Zoe said, walking in behind him, hand in hand with Danny.

"Hey Zoe." He muttered, running his fingers through his hair.

"What's wrong?" She asked, but he didn't slow down. He just shrugged and kept walking until he reached the room their session was in and sat in a random chair. Sophia looked mad as usual, and well, everyone else looked exactly the same. It was weird.