11- Okay

"Dalton said he'd come." Maddie said, on the phone with Cole, leaving it on speaker so Dalton could hear as well. Dalton was watching her, as Cole responded. "But I'm coming with him. So help me god if you do anything stupid at all..."

"Thank you for convincing him, Maddie. We won't, I promise. It's for the best."

"Yeah, whatever. Same place, noon?"

"Yep."

Maddie hung up before another response was heard, setting her phone gently on the coffee table. She looked up, to catch eye contact with him, noticing his expression was unintelligible. She cocked an eyebrow at him, adding on to that, "You know you can't back out of it now."

"Yeah, I know." He said, changing positions. " Shaw said it was for the best, maybe I'll get the closure I need."

"You will." Maddie stated. She stood up, stretching and then heading for the kitchen. It was about ten right now, and they had to go at eleven to meet them. Friday was uneventful and Dalton had told her to wait until the day of to call Cole. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Aren't we going to the Cafe at noon today?" He asked, as if she were crazy.

"Yeah, but we're just going to get coffee there, the food's expensive." She shot back, gesturing to the fridge as he walked into the room. "What do you want?"

"Food."

"Oh, so specific." She rolled her eyes, picking up an apple from the fridge and shutting it.

"But weren't you going to ge-" Dalton interjected, raising an eyebrow at Maddie.

"You weren't specific enough so I didn't get you anything." Maddie smirked, winking at him before leaving the kitchen. He smiled to himself, shaking his head at Maddie before getting his own breakfast. Dalton sat in the kitchen instead of following Maddie into the living area. There were so many things running across his mind now that it had become quiet, it took all his strength to keep from panicking. He was trying to piece together what he was going to say to them, it felt as if he had nothing left to tell them. But, he knew that there were things to say, and they would come when he went to actually see them.

"You need to stop trying to plan it." Maddie said, surprising him, standing directly in front of him. "Dalton, I know you. You call it socially awkward, but in reality it's you trying to plan your way through every situation. You want to be prepared for everything, and you don't have to be."

He watched her in awe, the way her eyes sparkled with care, filling the hollow of his chest with an overwhelming feeling of love. It was always like this with Maddie. She smiled lightly, intertwining their fingers and walking around the counter to sit on the stool beside him. 

"Why are you so perfect?" Dalton asked, his gaze remaining on her. She laughed at this, straightening her fingers so that their hands were nearly lined up palm to palm.

"I could ask you the same thing, you know?" She grinned, making a face at him.

"No, that's not true." 

"Shut up, it is true. You're perfect for me."

"Can we go now? Because you just got sappy, and I don't do sappy."

"That's bullshit, Mr. 'I'm Not Going Anywhere'. " She said, standing up. "Yeah, we can go."

"What time is it, anyway?" He asked, standing up as well, their hands never separating.

"Eleven-ish." She said, pulling him towards to door, and then to the car once they had reached the parking lot of their apartment. Maddie drove based on where they were going, she had been there before. Once they got there, they headed for the back table with enough chairs for everyone. Time passed unbelievably slower when they had finally gotten there. Ten minutes later, after what had seemed like an entire lifetime, the people he had apprehensions to see again walked into the Cafe and straight to the back where they were seated. Dalton avoided eye contact, staring out the window beside them as if he were dazed and didn't even see them.