16- My Hostage?

In the next few weeks, the tuxes were sized and ordered, and tickets for Will to come to Texas two days before were bought. Maddie was as stressed as ever, and Dalton did whatever he could to help her out. Maddie's mother was even more stressed than her, most of the planning was on her, as Maddie had finally found another job at a dance studio called Studio 21, the most prestigious studio in their area. The owners of the studio were apalled that Maddie had been fired from the boarding school for such a ridiculous reason. They even gave her a higher salary than she was paid before. Maddie had no clue why she was so upset about losing that job, when now she was the teacher of Studio 21's elite competition team.

"MADDILYNN!" She heard through the closed door of their room, from the kitchen.

"What?" She sighed, continuing looking through the food list for the upcoming event.

"COME LOOK AT THIS!" Dalton yelled back. She got up, walking into their room, and standing in the doorway.

"Look at what, Dal?" She asked, looking up at him for the first time.

"This monkey suit that you're making me wear." He rolled his eyes, as Maddie studied his appearance, the tie was blue.

"Um.. It's great, really great. You look handsome." Maddie bit her lip, and then went back to the kitchen. He changed, then followed Maddie, standing behind her with his hands pressed against the counter around her.
"What was that about?" He asked, dropping his chin to her shoulder as she called her mom through facetime.

"Just a bit distracted today, is all. I have to get as much down now as possible, 'cause I have work tomorrow." She said, as the call connected. Tomorrow was monday, Studio 21 wasn't open to anyone except for private lessons on the weekends. Maddie's mom, Sarah, showed up on the screen. "Hi, Mama."

"Hi, Maddie. What's up? Have you picked food for your reception yet?"

"Thats what we were calling you for, I think we know what we want."

"Yeah?" Her mom said, leaning the phone against something and and sitting down.

"Yeah, I think we're going to do like the thing you suggested a few days ago, the three different meats and three different sides, on a buffet, so people can pick their own."

"Okay, anything else? Thats all you needed planned today, since we have everything almost done." Sarah smiled warmly.

"That's it for now. Bye, Mama!" she said, as Dalton added in, "Bye, Mrs. Parker!"

Maddie put her phone down and sighed, pulling her hair up into a ponytail. Dalton shook his head at her, laughing quietly. He walked around the counter, stopping in front of her, and leaned over it slightly.
Then, he spoke, "You are way too stressed."

"I know." Maddie stated, staring straight back at him with the same flare.

"So, you need to chill out. Stop stressing over something thats almost finished. Speaking of finished, Thursday's my last day with Shaw for a while. Then next Tuesday is Christmas, and a couple days after that, New Years. Then by January 16th, you won't have to be stressed anymore." He grinned, his little speech as meaningful as it was, was all over the place like his personality. Another reason why Maddie loved him; he had a habit of saying exactly what he was thinking without filtering. Before Maddie could respond, he took her hands and pulled her up. "Come with me."

"Wha-" Maddie couldn't get the full word out, Dalton had her out the door, and was locking it with his keys.

"I'm taking you hostage, and you have to go with it..." He paused for dramatic effect, and then continued in a grim voice with a matching facial expression, "Or else. Because you are my hostage."