19- End

Maddie woke up early that morning, with her head on Dalton's chest, and everything finally felt okay. Of course, they still had a long way to go, but they were in a great place now, way better than where they were. She could feel his even breathing, knowing he was still sleeping. She didn't move, until she felt him wake up, as he yawned and stretched carefully, trying not wake her but not noticing she was already awake. Maddie turned so her chin was on top of her hands on his chest, looking up at him with her big dark eyes, instantly charming him. Just like he charmed her with nearly the same look.

"Morning." He smiled, slipping his arms around her waist, resting his hands on the small of her back. Maddie never responded, just grinned at him and dropped her head again. Neither of them knew how long they laid there. They stayed that way until Maddie decided it was time to get up, that she was sick of lying around. They'd done enough of that.

"Get up." Maddie said, pushing him towards the edge of the bed.

"Why?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Because I'm too lazy to get up first, and because the idea of watching you walk away is amusing." She grinned. Dalton shook his head at her, but got up anyway.

"Fine, but I'm showering before you do." He said, grabbing a towel and heading for the bathroom.

"Are you, now?" Maddie ran around him and shut the door in his face. She never locked it, however, and Dalton knew that for a fact. So he let himself in when he heard the water turn on. Maddie couldn't just jump in front of him like that and not expect repercussions.

"Why not save water, Maddilynn?" He grinned nonchalantly, laughing when she squealed in surprise, jumping a bit at the sound of his voice.

"You're mean, you scared me." She said, letting him in anyway.

"Sorry, Mads." Dalton mumbled, still smiling. He hadn't stopped smiling since yesterday night.

"You aren't sorry." She laughed.

"You're right, I'm not." He laughed along with her. A little while later, after they were fully clothed, they were walking out of the door to go do whatever Maddie wanted to that day. The two of them normally did, unless it was for music, because that was all Dalton's forte. Maddie had chosen ice-skating, for whatever reason. Dalton thought this was hilarious, because she had never skated in her life, and he was actually good at it. Watching her wobble around, trying desperately to keep her balance was amusing.

The two of them got on the ice, and Maddie had already started to fall. Dalton chuckled softly and held her hand tightly to steady her. Then he smirked, and said, "You'd think a professional dancer would be more graceful than this."

"You know what, shut up. I'm not used to the concept of never really stopping." She grimaced, grabbing his other hand, which he had held out to her so she could take it. "And this is something you're good at, so teach me."

And he did. They spent the next few hours out in that ice rink, he was teaching her how to skate, and smiling when she struggled to keep her balance. Not daring to laugh, because Maddie was what some would call a 'fiesty' one. Maddie, she was trying to learn, but too busy being distracted by his stupid, dazzling eyes, that sparkled with happiness. So, when he suddenly let go, she fell forward into him, knocking him over and onto the ice. This startled both of them, and it took them a second before they started laughing at each other. Maddie leaned back, looking at him pleadingly. Dalton raised an eyebrow at her, "What?"

"Get up so you can help me up, please? I can't get up by myself in these things, they're like accidental death traps."

He laughed at this, standing up and then pulling her up. "That's only if you don't know what you're doing."

"I don't know what I'm doing because you and your stupid, beautiful eyes are too distracting." Maddie said, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"No one would know that we just got married yesterday, with the way you talk to me. So mean, Maddie, why do I love you?" Dalton mumbled, leaning down to kiss her. Maddie met him halfway, still holding tightly around his neck so she didn't fall.

"Except for everyone who was there." She said, pulling back. Maddie ignored his question, knowing he was joking.

"Except for everyone who was there." Dalton repeated, reaching behind his head and grabbing her hands, bringing them down in between them. "Can you actually skate with me now? Because I would love to teach you."

"Yeah, as long as you don't let me fall." She made him promise, and then let him pull her around the ice rink, listening to him babble about Fly Away Hero's new EP and how well it was doing on the iTunes charts. Moments like these made her day, because this showed it wasn't just her putting in the effort, and proved why they should be a couple. The two of them stayed for another hour before going to a restaurant for dinner.

"What are you getting?" Maddie asked, flipping through the pages of the menu.

"I don't know. Food?"

"No shit, Dal. Be serious, I don't know what to get so I'll just copy you."

"Okay, I'll get the Liver and Onions then." He smirked, winking at her.

"I guess I won't then." She furrowed her eyebrows, looking closer at the items on the menu.

"I'm just kidding, Maddie. I'm going to get the Steak Burrito, just like usual."

"That's only because this place doesn't have sushi." Maddie laughed, placing the menu on the table.

"True that." He said, closing his menu as well. They ordered, ate, and then went home. Many days later, Dalton had gone to L.A. to sing at the Brave Fest. He called Maddie the moment after, yelling that this was one of the best shows he's had since he's started doing shows on his own again.

"Really? That well?" Maddie asked, grinning.

"Yeah!" Dalton literally yelled into the phone. Maddie laughed when she heard the Hunters and Kitty telling him to shut the hell up. He sounded so happy, so amicable. The smile never fell from her lips as he continued on to tell her how amazing the fans were, and how the band was making the Billboard charts soon.

Now that everything was over and done, and he was in a better place than he was many months ago, Maddie could finally relax and quit being so on edge. She could finally put the feeling into them as a couple. They didn't need to do anything but trust her job would hold while he made in big in the music industry with the music he wants to put out.

He did make it big too. Fly Away Hero won many awards, and always had their albums in the top 10 of the iTunes charts. Dalton even did a few classes for random talent schools, in songwriting and singing. The band as a whole made it through many tours, with a lot of different bands beside them. One of them being False Puppet, of course. There were more songs and longer sets, and Maddie was there for every one she could be there for. Their parents joked that they were the co-dependent couple, always where the other was. Their story was never-ending, yet this section is over, only to be remembered in memories. Dalton was Maddie's new definition of strength.

Things were looking up, and they were doing well.