8- Sorry? Whatever.

Friday passed slowly, dragging because of Maddie's anxiousness. She couldn't keep still, she was always bouncing her leg or tapping her fingers on something. Dalton ignored this, pretending it wasn't happening. Then came Saturday, and Maddie got up early to get ready. She put on jeans with a yellow v-neck, and some light make-up. Dalton was up and in the kitchen when she finished, making himself breakfast. She went into the kitchen, grabbing an apple as she paced about the room. He raised an eyebrow at her, silently questioning her motives, then returning to his cereal.

"I've got to go soon. I have something to do, but I'll be back by.. um i actually don't know, and I don't know when I'm leaving.." She said, grabbing her phone. "I'm going to go call my friend, and see when I should meet them."

"So you've been stressed about meeting a friend?"

"Yeah, sorta. It's just got something to do with my job, and my choreography and I just didn't know how to explain it. Derek wanted me to do a master class or something to improve my technique so I'm going to meet with the teacher sort of.."

"Oh, okay." He said dismissively. She nodded and walked out of the room with her phone, going outside so Dalton didn't hear her, and dialed the number she had called Cole with earlier.

"Hello?" Cole's voice rang from the other side of the line.

"Hey, it's Maddie. What time are we going to meet? We never talked about that."

"How about in twenty minutes?"

"Okay, I'm going to go now though, just to be there."

"Okay. Bye, Maddie."

"Bye." She replied, hanging up. Maddie went back inside, and went to the kitchen, where Dalton still was, this time with a new bowl of cereal. "How much cereal do you need?"

"Hey! You can never have enough cereal."

"Okay then," She answered, standing still a moment before speaking again. "I'm gonna go now, and I don't know when I'll be back."

"Yep.. Love you, Mads, bye!" He pulled her into a quick kiss before going back to his cereal bowl. She then double checked his back was to her while she was leaving. Once she was sure, she snagged the bundle of letters that were in the drawer closest to the exit without him noticing. Her proof if things went sour. Maddie waved her goodbye, and walked out their front door. She drove to the Café, taking the table in the back as soon as she arrived. The waiter brought her a water, and let her wait there for Cole and the others to show up.

Around ten minutes after she had sat down, a group of boys walked over. Maddie just barely recognized them, they all looked much older than when she last saw them, much older than even in the dream.

"Hi, Maddilynn, nice to actually see you in person." Cole greeted her, sitting down in the chair opposite of her and fixing his beanie. The other boys followed suit, sitting it the chairs around the table. The only person who wasn't there was David.

"You too." She replied, leaning back in her chair, a half-scowl forming on her face. She couldn't help but be angry with them. They had hurt the love of her life. She almost lost him.

"Why do you look so angry?" Dana asked, watching her facial expression change.

"Believe me, I have a right to be angry," Maddie sneered, narrowing her eyes at them. "Not that you'd know about it."

"What else is there to know? We hurt him and we are sorry." Gabe remarked, tapping his left hand on the table mindlessly.

"Do you even realize how bad he was hurting? And to say he used you guys?"