17- Holidays

Then came Christmas, where both of their families got together in celebration. Even Maddie's father was there. They hadn't gotten presents for each other because of how close the wedding was. The week after that was full of last minute planning, on every ones part. They only stopped to do a small New Years party, with their sisters and closest friends.

Maddie's sisters had brought games, playing them with Dalton's younger sister, they all waited for it to hit midnight. Hunter, Knoche, and Kitty were there too, playing a different game; Hunter and Knoche were losing severely. Maddie and Dalton weren't really paying attention to the game that they were playing, not even enough to care what it was called.

"Will you two stop being lovey and come play the game? Seriously the cuteness is starting to make me sick." Brynn whined, pretending to retch over her shoulder. Maddie laughed at her, and purposely continued, messing with her sister by being dramatic. She started acting out the scenes of the movie. The Vow was on to waste time until midnight.

"Oh Dalton," Maddie paused, clasping her hands together in false passion, feigning tears."I love you oh so much! But we can't be together. I simply don't remember who you are."

"But Maddilynn," He added, getting on his knees in front of her, causing their sisters to burst into giggles. "I don't care about the incidental problems that are the main plot to every chick flick. We are soul-mates, we belong together."

Maddie fawned over him, just like the girl in the movie had done to the other character. It had everyone in fits of laughter, until there were tears running down their faces. Maddie had to take a deep breath to stifle her giggles, and then continued, "Really? You really love me?"

"Really." He said, a serious look masking his face, but it didn't cover his smile, the tell-all grin that always reflected his intentions, depending on if it was present or not. As he was standing up, he sat back down on the couch, pulling her down onto his lap. Dalton then took the chance to kiss her, never breaking the dramatics. The two of them could hear the clapping, along with the laughing. They broke apart, turning toward Brynn and the others, who were laughing as hard as they could.

"Nice production you two had going on there." Hunter said, a smirk apparent on his face.

"Let's be honest, I'm a better actor than those actors on T.V." Dalton said, laughing with him. Maddie moved slightly, dropping her head to his shoulder and pressing the bridge of her nose into his neck. Everyone sat around the living room, waiting for midnight. They had less than a minute left, and the countdown began.

Ten..

Nine..

Eight..

Seven.. Six.. Five..

Maddie was sitting up now, her forehead leaning against Dalton's, waiting for One.

Four.. Three..

Two..

One.

She kissed him, her hands finding their way into his hair and tugging on it at the nape of his neck. His finding their way to her hips, pulling her closer. The group they had at their house were watching the TV screen, but when they turned to talk to Dalton and Maddie, they realized what was going on.

"Whoa! Keep it PG, please!" Gen exclaimed, "Or at least save that for when we aren't in your apartment."

"Then get out." Maddie mumbled, pulling back from Dalton just enough to speak. She threw a couch pillow at Genevieve. She pulled away none the less, as Gen laughed at her. Gen took Sophie and Brynn home, and the others left on their own. Once they were alone, Maddie went to take a shower, leaving Dalton alone. He got on his laptop, searching through his YouTube subscribers to see what they are posting. Maddie walked into their room half an hour later, in just a sports bra and very short spandex shorts, going to her drawers and looking for a shirt. To say the least, Dalton was nearly drooling. And Maddie knew it.