1-First Day

Maddie woke up without Dalton by her side. She sat up quickly, searching the room for her fiancé. He was no where to be found. She got out of bed quickly and ran out to the living room, but didn't see him there either. It was until she heard the shower turn on that she calmed down. He was just in the bathroom, she thought. Maddie remembered that today was his first day of therapy. That must've been why he had gotten up before her. She went back to their room and grabbed her laptop after changing and putting on some makeup. She had some time to do nothing until he got out of the shower. But, he took a short shower, and got out before her computer even logged in. She just rolled her eyes and turned it off, replacing it in it's spot on her nightstand.

"Mad?" He called from the bathroom.

"What did you forget?" She laughed, as he stuck his head out of the door.

"Clothes?" He said in a small voice.

"I'll get you some." Maddie smiled, and walked to the bedroom, purposely going slowly.

"Maddilynn, hurry up!" He exclaimed, muffled by the door.

She grabbed his usual black jeans, a black Asking Alexandria t-shirt, his chains, bracelets, and other accessories. She brought them to him, but hid the chains in her back pocket.

"Where are my chains?" Dalton whined, walking out of the bathroom, fully dressed. She stood up and smirked, patting her back pocket. "You think I'm afraid to come get them?"

"No, I know you will. I just don't want to give them to you." Maddie grinned. She saw what time it was as she turned to face him. The clock was behind him, reading off a bright red 4:00. "Dal, we have to go. It takes an hour to get there, and knowing you, you'll want to stop and get a Monster before you go in."

" 'Kay." He said, following her to the car, after pulling his chains out of her back pocket and attaching them to the belt loops of his jeans. He wasn't fighting because he knew he needed this. If he was going to last, if they were going to last, he needed to get help. Maddie drove them, through the highway and town to get to Doctor Shaw's office. Once there, the two of them went inside. They signed up at the reception desk and sat in the waiting room. An older man in his forties or fifties approached them.

"I'm guessing you're Dalton Rapattoni?" The man said, "I'm Doctor Shaw, it's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." Maddie noticed that Dalton said it in a strangled voice. Like he was scared or nervous. She took his hand as a way to comfort him, rubbing her thumb across the back of his hand. He relaxed a bit, but his breathing was off, which gave way that he was nervous.

"You'll be fine." Maddie told him, turning to face the boy who stared down at her with wild eyes. "You'll only be there for a little bit, and there's nothing to be scared of, I promise."

He looked unsure, but replied with a meek 'yes' and followed the doctor down the hall. Maddie sat in the waiting room, waiting for Dalton to come out of the room where he was being asked multiple questions.

"So, what are we here for, Dalton?" Shaw asked, sitting down in the chair directly in front of him.

"Well.. I t-tried to.. I'm just really struggling with what I think is depression maybe? I just... I can't seem to sleep. Or want to do anything. And I'm thinking about ending it."

"Sounds about right. How many days have you gone without sleeping before?" Shaw asked, writing something down on his clipboard.

"Three I think?" Dalton thought it might have been four, but it sounded worse out loud.

"That's a long time, Dalton. Did you have any hallucinations or dark thoughts?" Dr. Shaw was writing on his clipboard. The sound of the pen scratching ink onto the paper made Dalton more nervous.