12- Define 'decent'

And that next morning when Dalton woke up, he felt that the usual heaviness of the air was gone. It didn't feel suffocating to sit in silence, it actually felt like nothing. But there still was the underlying fact that Maddie had told them something he didn't want even the rest of Fly Away Hero knowing. Maddie sort of betrayed him. He wanted to forgive her, because she did it to help, but he didn't know how. Even though they knew, they didn't know the details. Maddie had let them know a lot more than anyone. Which was dangerous, especially with how they(Cole) acted yesterday. They could tell anyone.

"What are you thinking about?" Maddie asked, walking in the room, looking as if she were getting ready for something.

"Nothing." He said, accidentally very harsh, shocking even himself. He stopped to soften his tone, and then continued. "What are you all done up for? You look beautiful."

" Thank you. Today is rehearsals for the dance recitals, and I'm going to be meeting a lot of the parents for the first time. Derek said you could come, if you have nothing to do." Maddie said, slipping on a pair of black ballet flats, that matched nicely with her turquoise dress with a black sparkled belt. She looked up at him, smiling. How could he be upset with that smile?

"Why didn't you tell me that the recitals were this early after you just started?"

"I forgot it myself. We've been so busy, and I forgot to mention that the kids have recitals per marking period, to showcase their ability to their parents, and as marking period assessments. I didn't know how close they were until yesterday after you went to bed, because Derek called me."

"Derek, your boss?"

"No, Derek, my stuffed giraffe." She rolled her eyes, putting a pair of earrings in. "Of course, Derek, my boss."

"Ha, you're funny." He shot back sarcastically. "But yeah, I guess I'll come."

"Then wear decent clothes, at least."

"Define 'decent'." Dalton asked, knowing when Maddie said decent it meant no chains, and most likely no eyeliner.

"Dress clothes, Dalton. You own them, I know you do, because I bought them." Maddie said, walking into his closet and pulling out a black button-down and a black blazer. She paired them with his black slacks and dress shoes, that he saved for special occasions. "No make-up, please? Just for tonight."

"But- Fine." He muttered, semi-scowling, taking the clothes from her hand and going to the bathroom. When he had finished, he walked out of the bathroom, grabbing one of his top hats on the way to the living room to meet Maddie.

"Well, sir, you look quite splendid if you ask me." Maddie complimented, giggling when he winked at her. "I'd marry you."

"It's all for you, Mads. All for you."

"I thought you were mad at me?"

"I guess I can not be mad at you for a while. Until tonight, at least." He said, as they both walked to the door. Maddie ignored that, knowing he was definitely still mad. She headed to the car. She drove, another time because she was the only one knowing where we can go. When they got there, Maddie took Dalton's hand, and walked over to Derek in the lobby of the school's theatre.

"Hi, Derek!" Maddie said, a fake cheerfulness echoing in her voice.

"Hey, Maddie." Derek replied, turning from the conversation he was having with some of the parents. "And this is the infamous Dalton?"

"Hello, Derek. It's nice to meet you, I've heard so much about you. " Dalton greeted, a smile and a handshake exchanged. He didn't get good vibes from Derek, but he ignored them for Maddie's sake. The parents that Derek had been talking to joined the conversation at this point.