Chapter 19

8 years later: Betty had went to college and became a lawyer and I had taken over the newspaper plant. Me and Betty had gotten married nearly 6 years ago (after my postpartum depression went away and I was myself). Veronica still owned Pops along with other restaurant across America. Archie became a famous wrestler, and Veronica and Archie got married. Archie stopped wrestling about a year ago and now owned an organization that helps boys in need. Cheryl and Toni has moved away, but they own a nice hotel in Florida. They'll occasionally come down to visit. It was nearing Christmas time and me and Betty asked Ash what she wanted. "I want a sibling," she said giving her best puppy face. She'd been throwing this up for months but I didn't think she'd ask for it for Christmas. "Ash, be reasonable," I told her. "But Daddy, I want a sibling, I want someone to play with me." I sighed," Me and Mommy will see what we can do, but let's think of over things for right now. "
Later: "Jug, I don't think she's going to give up on this." "I know." "If we agree on another kid, you're having it again." I stared at Betty hard," My body will never be the same after that, and the postpartum depression, and the stress of having a baby. "Jug, you work from home, I work in an office. Maternity leave is way bigger of an issue than it is for you." "But you're the woman, don't you want to carry it." "No, and you're bodies already messed up, why would we both go and be messed up," she said straight faced. I sighed," Fine I guess we'll try, but I'd only do this for you and Ash. I hope you know.