ten

After dinner, Mina and Chaeyoung remained in the dining room.  Chaeyoung sat in front of her books and notes, which were spread out on the table.  But she wasn't studying anymore. Instead, she was using her phone.

Curious, Mina made her way over to the younger and sat down beside her.  She looked at Chaeyoung's stack of notes and saw a notebook, which seemed to list her class homework assignments.

Mina gestured to the book.  "May I look?"

Chaeyoung lifted her eyes from her phone screen.  "Huh? Oh... yeah. Sure."

Mina smiled.  She knew Chaeyoung was pretty indifferent towards her studies, but she wanted to do everything she could to help her through school.  Mina picked up the notebook and checked through Chaeyoung's homework list for the day. Then, without digging through Chaeyoung's stuff too much, managed to see that she'd finished all her homework already.

Well, at least Chaeyoung was done doing what she needed to do.

"You finished all your work," Mina said with a kind smile.  "Good job! I didn't like studying when I was younger too, so I get how you feel.  I'm proud of you, Chaeng."

Chaeyoung put her phone down and just stared at Mina, not saying a word.

"I- I'm sorry if it's too much, I won't poke around your assignments from now on," Mina added.

Chaeyoung shook her head.  "No... it's just that- you know I'm not that smart, right?  I never got praised for my schoolwork before."

Realisation hit Mina like a ton of bricks.  Affirmation. That was what Chaeyoung needed.  To know that she was good enough.

"Please keep checking it for me," Chaeyoung requested shyly.  "It'll help me do my homework better..."

Mina nodded.  "Of course, no problem!  And by the way, I think you're very smart and very capable too."

Since Chaeyoung was done with her homework for the night, they decided to watch some TV together in the living room.  Mina sat down with her on the couch, and they put on a popular sitcom. Soon, Mina and Chaeyoung weren't really sitting properly anymore: their bodies were against each other's to 'conserve heat', and Chaeyoung's arm was around Mina's waist while Mina held her hand.  They were hardly paying attention to the show anymore too.

"Mina," Chaeyoung said.

"Hm?"  Mina looked at Chaeyoung.  She looked so cute and pretty and just perfect in every way; Mina couldn't describe how she felt.

"Do you and Dad really not do anything romantic with each other?"  Chaeyoung asked.

Mina felt a bit sad that she had to talk about Changmin at a time like this, when it was supposed to be just her and Chaeyoung and no one else.  But she understood Chaeyoung's concerns. After all, if she could get so worked up over Nayeon, it was only reasonable that Chaeyoung had her doubts and jealousy over Changmin, whom Mina was legally married to.