eleven

"Chaeng.  Chaeng, get dressed.  Sana unnie's coming over," Mina told Chaeyoung once she got off the phone with Sana.

"Now?"  Chaeyoung's eyes widened.

"Yes, now," Mina nodded.  Chaeyoung didn't even ask any questions, since there was no time to lose.  The two of them hurried to get dressed and look presentable, anything but suspicious.  They had to rush because they knew Sana lived nearby and would arrive anytime soon.

Mina was done first and she went downstairs to clean up the living room.  Just as she was finished, the doorbell rang. Mina went to answer it.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you," Sana lamented.  Mina quickly took notice of Sana's bloodshot, puffy, and exhausted eyes, and her paler-than-usual complexion.  She was also shivering from the strong wind outside.

"Unnie, come in.  It's cold outside," Mina quickly swung open the door wider to let Sana in.

Sana stepped into the large house and slipped off her shoes and coat.  Mina closed the door behind her best friend, as the older looked around.  Normally, Sana would make a lame comment about the size of the house and Mina being richer than her now, but she stayed dead silent.  Mina examined her once more. Something really wasn't right.

"Sit down," Mina said.  "I'll get you some warm tea."

Once Mina and Sana were sitting together in the living room, and Sana was sipping at her tea, Sana still wasn't giving Mina any reasons as to why she'd dropped by so suddenly.

"Where's Chaeyoung?"  Sana asked.

"She's-"

"I'm here," Chaeyoung said, walking down the staircase.  She smiled when she saw Sana. "Hi, Sana unnie."

"Hello," Sana nodded.

Chaeyoung walked over and plopped herself down next to Mina on the couch.  Mina tensed up slightly. This was dangerous. The three of them hadn't gotten together since the wedding, and that was when Mina and Chaeyoung's relationship was still 'normal'.  But Sana didn't seem to notice anything yet. And Mina was concerned for her. She seemed off today.

"I broke up with Mark," Sana suddenly said.

"Wh- What?"  Mina couldn't believe her ears.  Mark and Sana had been dating for two whole years, and everything seemed to be going fine.  "Chaeng, I think you should go upst-"

Chaeyoung started to stand up from the couch to leave Mina and Sana alone.

"It's okay," Sana interrupted.  "You can stay, Chaeyoung."

Chaeyoung nodded, sitting back down.  She had no idea who this Mark guy was, but she just listened.

"You dumped him?"  Mina asked to clarify.