sixteen

The basketball inter-high tournament was in two days.

Chaeyoung and all her team members had just returned from camp, and the school gave them all a day off to rest in preparation for the big day.  Chaeyoung had a whole day to herself at home, and she was supposed to take a break from practice and training to let her body rest and recover, so that she'd be in prime condition tomorrow.

Everything was all set.  Chaeyoung seemed calm and prepared.  Sana had already taken time off work to come to Chaeyoung's game.  And Mina was doing everything she could to make sure Chaeyoung was well taken care of.

Mina tried to go about her day as usual, but she was finding it difficult.  It was nice to have Chaeyoung home again; she was resting in her room. But Mina felt like she'd gone without seeing Chaeyoung for so long, without touching her or just being close to her, that the thought of Chaeyoung being just upstairs and out of her reach was driving her almost insane.  Mina was going crazy.

But she knew she couldn't bother Chaeyoung now.  Not at a crucial time like this. Her competition was tomorrow and the last thing Chaeyoung needed was a distraction.  So Mina suppressed her feelings and tried to distract herself instead.

2pm finally rolled around, and Mina found herself in the kitchen, carefully mixing a vitamin drink for Chaeyoung.  The younger had started taking this in conjunction with her strict diet, and Mina helped make it for her every day.  She didn't mind; in fact, Mina was more excited than she'd ever admit, since she'd get to bring the drink up to Chaeyoung's room and see her.

Trying her best to act calm and collected, Mina carried the drink upstairs and knocked on Chaeyoung's door.

"Chaeng?"

"Come in..."  Chaeyoung's voice sounded a bit strained coming from inside.  Confused, Mina turned the doorknob and opened the door.

Chaeyoung was standing, facing the window, and doing some light stretching.  But she was only wearing a pair of boxers and a sports bra, which exposed her smooth skin and toned muscles to Mina's shocked eyes.  Chaeyoung's body was more well-sculpted than Mina could've ever imagined, and she'd gotten so lean and fit in such a short period of time.  Her abs showed, through the defined lines on her stomach which didn't even need to be flexed.

"Minari?"

Mina blinked.  She'd been standing there for seconds, probably, with a stupid look on her face.  But who could blame her? Chaeyoung was so... hot. And her clothing situation wasn't helping at all.  Sure, Mina had seen Chaeyoung with much less clothes on before, but this was different somehow.

Mina stepped into the room and closed the door behind her.

"Um, I made your drink..." Mina mumbled, placing the glass down on Chaeyoung's desk.  She felt warm suddenly, and looked up to check if Chaeyoung's A/C was working.

"Thank you," Chaeyoung smiled.  She began approaching Mina, and although Mina instinctively wanted to back away, she forced herself to stay put.  "Are you busy now?"

Mina had to summon every ounce of willpower in her body not to glance at Chaeyoung's body.  "No... do you need something?"

Chaeyoung flopped down on her bed, smiling at Mina and patting the space next to her.  "Hm, I just wanted to ask you to stay here with me. I'm so bored."

"Oh."

Despite it being torturous for Mina to be in such close proximity to a near-naked Chaeyoung, she stayed anyway to keep her company.  Mina lay down beside Chaeyoung, and the two held hands while staring at the ceiling.