Chapter 4

Xiao Zhan lost track of time when he was arranging the flowers and pots. It was already passed 8 in the evening. Humming a tune, he locked the flower shop door with a click.

"Ah, I'm pretty sure everything is locked," he said to himself and check the light outside.

He wore a cozy dark scarf around his neck and turned around to head on his way. Walking silently as the he passed by busy bustling streets and people walking. Xiao Zhan took out his phone and earphones. He plugged it in and went to spotify, playing Stay With Me by ChanYeol and Punch.

Xiao Zhan loves to watch a lot of K-Dramas and one of his favorites is Goblin. Singing along the song quitely, he didn't notice he bumped into someone. "Ah, I'm so sorry-" he looks up at the person he bumped into and widen in surprise. "Mr. Yibo!" The florist's face immediately brighten. He removes his other earphone from his ear and smiled at the man who's currently wearing a dark brown coat.

"Good evening," the CEO greeted politely. "Ahaha! Good evening, what are you doing here?" Xiao Zhan asked with a smile still plastered on his face.

"I was on my way to the flower shop," he explains, "But I'm afraid you already closed it?"

"Ah, is that so? And yes, I just closed it earlier. Why are you visiting the flower shop so late?" The florist asked as he looks at the man.

"I was planning to order some ornaments," he replied impassively.

"Oh, we can go back to the shop and check what ornaments that you want?" Xiao Zhan considered but Wang Yibo shaked his head in disagreement. "No," he starts, "It's too much of a hassle for you."

"It's actually okay! It's my job after all," Xiao Zhan said with a smile, trying to reassure the CEO.

"Won't miss Ziyi be angry about this?"

"Pfft! Her? Why would she?"

"It's getting late and you should be heading home at this time," Yibo replied.

"It's alright, I'm not a maiden. I'm a man!" The florist proudly said and jokingly flexed his arm. Wang Yibo frowned at him but it quickly disappeared and returned to his impassive face.

"I'll take you home after," the CEO said and didn't saying anything after that. Xiao Zhan is surprised to hear him say thise words. "A-Ah? No need! It would be too much of a hassle for you, too," the florist tried to decline his offer but he didn't reply and continued his way to the flower shop. Xiao Zhan pouted that he was actually ignored and followed closely to the other man.

"Ay, Mr. Yibo is so cold," Xiao Zhan whined and playfully hit Wang Yibo with his arm. "Don't move too much, you'll bump into other people."

The florist let out a soft chuckle and did what the other man said. He hummed a tune as they walk together side by side in the cold city night.

"Right, it always makes me wonder why you keep buying my bouquets," the florist said as he looked at the other man. There was a hint of surprise in the CEO's face but he calmly replied, "I find them pleasant."

Xiao Zhan smiled at his response. "Really? It looks pretty simple though."

"It's not just about the flowers," Wang Yibo says and the florist got curious as to why it's not only about the flowers. "Ah? Then what else is there? The wrapper?" Xiao Zhan jokingly said and stopped in front of the flower shop to open the door.

"It's you," upon hearing those words, Xiao Zhan's hand at the doorknob came to an abrupt stop. He felt his heart beats a little bit faster than usual. "W-What?" The florist stuttered and slowly turned his head to look at the man behind him.

"It reminds me of how my mother used to prepare the flowers," the man said with a dark brown coat. Xiao Zhan calmed his mind. "Oh! You almost got me!" The florist awkwardly said with a laugh.

"What do you mean?"

"Ah no, I just thought-nevermind, I was assuming a lot of things," the florist immediately replied with a chuckle.

Aish, this man truly is dangerous! He suddenly says words like that and anyone could think it has another meaning! Xiao Zhan thought and unlocked the door. He then turned on the lights with a click.

"Alright, Mr. Yibo. What ornaments do you need?"

"Just the simple silver looking ones," he said as he stood beside a huge vase. "Okay then, just sit down at the stool or something. I'll be right back," the florist said as he went to the backside of the shop. Wang Yibo waited patiently as he sat on the stool that Xiao Zhan offered him.

Eventually, the florist came back with a silver looking transparent lantern with silver edges. "This one?" He asks as he approached the CEO.

"Does this one comes with a set?"

"Ah, yes! About twenty of these? There's a string that will hang them all together," the florist explained as he came back with a box. "Thank you, that's all that I need," Wang Yibo stated impassively and stood up from the stool. He gave Xiao Zhan hus debit card and paid.

"Much thanks for mister Yibo for purchasing!" The florist thanked him with a smile on his prett features. Wang Yibo doesn't know what to say or do but he knows the tip of his ears were red. Good thing it was a bit dark so it's not obvious.

Xiao Zhan onced again closed the flower shop and checked if everything is in place. "Alright, I'm going now-"

"I'll take you home," Wang Yibo says as he held Xiao Zhan's wrist. "Ah no! It's getting pretty late and I'll just trouble you."

"It's late and it's dangerous outside," Wang Yibo replied. The florist chuckled and said, "Ay, Mr. Yibo, I told you I'm not a lady that needs prote-"

A loud honk was heard and before Xiao Zhan could react, he felt strong arms wrapped around him and it felt extremely warm.

---
Sorry for the typos and short update, please do tell if I made errors!