Chapter 18

Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo arrived at a cat cafe that was just four stores away from the flower shop. The sidewalk was quite crowded since it was noon time and people were out to eat something. "I hope you're not allergic to cats? I usually visit here to eat my lunch," the florist explained with a smile as he pushed the glass door open. "It's alright."

They sat near the entrance and since Yibo was wearing an expensive suit, he obviously stood out. People stole glances at their way and even complimented how handsome Wang Yibo was. The florist actually felt proud and wanted to say, "Yes, yes, praise this lovely man more!"

Xiao Zhan brushed off the thought as he smiled to himself and also stole a glance at the elegant looking CEO in front of him who was holding the menu. He thought that Yibo forgot to change his attire since the CEO has been tired lately.

"Ah hello there," Xiao Zhan cooed as he saw a pristine white looking cat made his way to his pair of legs. The cat purrs as it went circles. He reaches out his hand and rubs the head of the feline, the cat leans in to his touch and gave a soft meow. Xiao Zhan's heart melted and damn, he really has a soft spot for cats. He gently picks the cat up and settles it on his lap.

Wang Yibo found the whole scenario adorable and warm. The florist was too precious. He was actually peeking from the menu then to Xiao Zhan. "You really love cats."

"Yes, I love them so much. I miss my own cat back home, too. Sadly, I can't bring him with me. My apartment doesn't allow pets," he said as he keeps patting the cat softly. Wang Yibo puts down the menu on the table and thought of reaching out to touch the cat when it suddenly started hissing with it fur going puffy. "Woah there!" The cat jumps off from Xiao Zhan's lap as it ran away from their table. Wang Yibo frowned at the feline and scoffs slightly.

"It seems like it was intimidated by you," Xiao Zhan giggled as he dusted off his hands and applied some sanitizer to his palm. "And he wasn't to you?"

"Hey, I looked simple but you- You looked as if a rich prince from another country with that expensive suit you're wearing," the florist stated as he beams a smile. "But no worries, I actually find it attractive."

Wang Yibo doesn't know how to reply when it was Xiao Zhan who was praising him. He just wants to wrap his arms around the florist and give him a tight hug. "You're simple yet very beautiful."

It was Xiao Zhan's turn to be speechless and he felt the heat rising to his face and warmth spreading to his chest. "Ah, w-well, did you already pick something to order?" He stuttered as he quickly changed the subject and Wang Yibo hums as he turns the menu facing the florist.

"Coffee Jelly? Is that all?" He asked and scanned his eyes to the other selections. "How about you try their speciality, juicy beef steak with garlic bread?" The florist suggested. "I'm actually on a diet, so I'll pass."

"Oh, is that so? Well I'll order that then but you should at least eat something."

"Then this lotus soup will do," the CEO added and Xiao Zhan clasped his hands together, "Okay! that's my favorite actually, can I share with you?"

"Of course, don't hesitate," Yibo smiled and the florist thought his eyes were playing tricks on him. "Alright, then I'll have a regular lemonade juice."

Xiao Zhan raised his hand slightly in attempt to catch any waiters' attention. When someone finally approaches their table, the florist felt his hair stood up as his heart became anxious. Why did these guys suddenly show up?

• • •

"Good noon, Mr. Zhuocheng, here are the files that I've gathered and additional information when I visited the shop," Ji Li neatly placed the folder on top of the CEO's desk. "Speak and explain, I don't have time to look at everything," Zhuocheng ordered as he opens the folder and intakes the information that was printed on the papers.

"I had tracked Mr. Xiao Zhan's transaction threw out the year when he left the main house. As you can see in the first section of the page, those are records of money transfer to an unknown account, it has been changing everytime he sends a payment," he explained as he points out the list of digits.

"Every month, Mr. Xiao has been paying 50,000 yuan. But two days ago, there was a record that he transfered 10 000 yuan to another new account, sir," Ji Li turns the page and the latest record was marked red. Zhuocheng had mixed feelings and he was actually curious and furious on what his brother had been doing when he disappeared for a year without saying anything. Was he indebt to someone? And that 200 000 yuan, it was surely the money that their mother gave him. How could he just give away something like that? Something was definitely wrong.

"Ji Li, I want you to track down who this unknown account is and find out if this is the same person or there are multiple people that he's paying," Zhuocheng instructed as he massaged his temples in frustration. "Yes, sir," his PA answered with a bow.

"Now, what did you find in the flower shop?"

"There's a picture there that caught my interest that may be connected what's Mr. Xiao up to." Zhuocheng flipped throught the pages and saw the picture of the topshelf in a flower shop, there was a dusty picture frame from behind the ornaments and there were three people in the picture. A woman, a young looking man and Xiao Zhan himself.

"What is this and who are they?"

"I've identified the woman in the picture, she's the female florist in the flower shop where mister Xiao is working," Ji Li explained and Zhuocheng scoffed. "What's the meaning of this? Replacing his siblings?"

Ji Li didn't comment anything since he can already sense the fury of the CEO. "Find what's their relationship. I can't believe what my brother's been up to for a year."

"I'll do my utmost best, Mr. Wang," he answered shortly and gave a bow. He excused himself as he made his way out. It was time to find out more about the florist again.

---
Sorry for the typos and please do point it out! Next chapter will be longer! Also, don't mind it too much with the yuan money since I just converted that amount of money to my country's money value so the value should at least make some sense + I'm not that sure.