Chapter 8

"Finally you're back!" Meng Ziyi said as she crosses her arms. "Sorry, it took a while to place the flowers," Xiao Zhan explained as he rubs his nape with his hand. "What even took you so long for just placing the flowers?"

"Aiya, it was only me and Yibo who were carrying the pots, okay?" Xiao Zhan pouted and Ziyi rolls her eyes. "You and speaking so informally without honorifics ah!" Meng Ziyi scolded as she playfully smacks the other florist's arm. "Geez, wait, speaking of honorifics, those office workers are so rude to me!"

"Maybe you were too shameless to their liking?" Ziyi deadpanned and snorts for a bit. Xiao Zhan frowns at her and sighed. "Just because I was only wearing like this, they were too full of themselves," he said as he points his attire and stretches his apron for a bit. "Good thing I wasn't the one who delivered it because if it was me, I could've started scolding everyone there."

"Well, there were those who told me that the flowers were low quality," after saying those words, Meng Ziyi immediately became furious. "Low quality? Oh my goodness! Let me at them!" She said as she rolls her sleeves and was about to march outside the flower shop. Xiao Zhan immediately stops his friend. "They apologized though, they gave me a box of chocolates. I don't know why they suddenly did that though," he said as he takes out the box of chocolates from a bag.

"Tsk, I don't want to. We never know if it's poisoned," Meng Ziyi said with the hint of annoyance in her tone as she rolls her eyes. "Aish, it's Kitkat and Hershey's! The packet hasn't been opened yet."

Meng Ziyi gave him a look and after a few seconds, she snatches the box from the male florist. "I'll be taking this to A-Bin." Xiao Zhan smiles and gave his friend a pat on the shoulder, "You should."

• • •

"Mom," he said calmly and the woman dressed in a white coat turned to face him. She was on her late 40s but still looked pretty young, she immediately smiles upon seeing her son for so long. "Yibo!" She called out as she wraps him in a tight embrace. "You came early," Wang Yibo stated as they parted from the hug.

"I just can't wait to see my son but your father will follow the right schedule," Mrs. Wang said as she clasped her hands. "Good noon Mrs. Wang," Fanxing greeted politely with a smile and the said woman couldn't help but smile wider. "Fanxing, my dear boy! Glad to see you again," she said as she gave the younger a hug. "Glad to see you, too, ma'am." He takes her luggages and carries them.

"I'll take you back to the mansion," Wang Yibo said as they got inside the car.

"Aiya, no need. You still need to finish something at the company, right?"

"It's okay. I finished them rather early," he explained as he started the engine of his silver car.  "Is that so? Oh! I've just remembered, my goodness, remember your fiancée? That person ran away!" His mother said with a hint of worry on her tone. Wang Yibo internally felt happy but still kept an impassive look. He didn't reply anything but his mother continued speaking.

"Such a young person, I wonder what happened. Aiya, even the neighboring family kept it from us that your fiancée ran away. They still don't know where's the whereabouts of that person."

"It's preferable to cancel it," he said calmly as he looks ahead on the road. "You didn't even meet your fiancée and you're already cancelling it? Yibo, you didn't even look at the profile that I've sent you," his mother explained as she frowns for a bit. Wang Yibo knows that his mother is just doing things what's best for him. But he just can't afford to marry someone he doesn't love.