Chapter 5

So basically, Xiao Zhan almost got hit by a truck. Since he was at the side of the road and didn't bother to notice his surroundings. Good thing the other man was with him and pulled him in the nick of time.

"You should be a bit more careful," Wang Yibo says with a hint of worry in his voice and he slowly lets go of the florist. Xiao Zhan gave an awkward laugh and replied, "Ahaha, sorry about that." He rubs his nape and felt extremely bad.

Trouble really does follow him anywhere, plus he really is too much of a hassle to deal with. The florist sighed, "I should really get going," he says and before Wang Yibo could say anything, Xiao Zhan ran away.

He didn't bother looking back and kept running to the direction where his apartment is located. He apologized to the people he accidentally bumped into and after running for a good 10 minutes, he arrived at the intersection where his apartment is just across the street.

"Ah damn, I shouldn't have ran. Now, I'm sweating all over," Xiao Zhan said to himself and removes his scarf. "What the heck are you doing?," an irritated voice said from his side and Xiao Zhan almost shouted. "Freak! You almost killed me," the florist said as he sighed. "Who are you calling a freak, dumbass?" Zhuocheng said angrily and crossed his arms.

Once again, Xiao Zhan felt like running away. "Why are you here?"

"To check if you're still alive," his step brother said and crossed his arms. "Yah! I'm still alive and why does it have to be you?" Xiao Zhan complained and squinted his eyes for a good second. "Lu-jie is worried, okay? It's not my choice."

"Lu-jie said you won't be coming here until Saturday, also, don't you have work to do?"

Zhuocheng wanted to smack this brother of his and sighed. "You don't get it? She requested me to come earlier to check on you."

"Or did you secretly miss me?" After the florist said those words, he earned a smack on his arm. "Ouch! Can you not hit me? I almost got run over by a truck, okay?" Xiao Zhan complained as he sooths his arm. Zhuocheng rolled his eyes and said, "I feel sorry for the truck if it was to run over you."

"You sure are rude!" The florist whined and sticked out his tongue. "I can't believe you're the older one here," Zhuocheng said frustratingly. There was a moment of silence and no one spoke. It was like waiting for the other person to say something.

With a low cough, Xiao Zhan broke the silence. "So, do you have a place to stay?" Xiao Zhan asked. The atmosphere is quite awkward since the last time they met, they faught and didn't make up.

"Yeah, the company booked a hotel for my stay," his younger brother explains, "Did you really have to work on that flower shop?"

Hearing those words, Xiao Zhan clenches his fists. "Zhuocheng, you know I'm doing this for a reason."

"Then why does that reason have to affect you from leaving the main household?" Zhuocheng said with a hint of anger in his voice and the florist didn't even want to talk about the matter at the moment.

"I can't tell you right now, okay?" Xiao Zhan replied and looked at Zhuocheng with pained eyes. His brother averted his gaze, "You can't come back unless you give a valid reason for leaving," and with that said, he brushed his shoulder at the florist harshly and went on his way.

Xiao Zhan stood at the sidewalk for a while and unclenched his fists. He heaves a sigh and went on his way home.

• • •

Wang Yibo pinched himself for suddenly hugging the florist. He did it to save him but he felt like he violated the other man.

But he is actually beyond confused and worried at the same time with the florist running away. He wanted to follow after him but he thought, who was he to do that?

Hopefully Xiao Zhan arrived safely and did manage to go home. Wang Yibo turns his back and walked towards his motorbike, when suddenly a voice came from his behind, "Wang Yibo?"

The man with a dark coat immediately turned around and sees the person wearing a dark purple jacket. "Zhuocheng," he says and impassively looked at him. "It's a surprise to see the CEO here in a bustling street at night."

"I had some errands to do," Yibo replied calmly and Zhuocheng raised an eyebrow. "Errands? Don't you usually send that secretary of yours?"

Wang Yibo frowned at Zhuocheng's remark. You're asking why they know each other? They're rivals in the business industry and Zhuocheng himself is also a young CEO. They're not exactly rivals to the point of fighting, sometimes there's some collaboration but they always compete on the sales.

"It's late and I need to do it myself," Yibo said as he motioned to his motorbike. "I'm curious as to why mister Wang really did it himself, you have a lot of subordinates, why not let them do it?" Zhuocheng said and fixed his jacket.

"What are you trying to imply, mister Cheng?" The CEO of the Wang company asks as he faced the other man. "Nothing, it's just that you don't show yourself during meetings for possible collaborations. You always just send your secretary." He paused for a while and continued, "This errand you're talking about must be truly important for you to go, tell me, mister Wang. Is that person you keep visiting worth it?"

Upon hearing Zhuocheng, Wang Yibo he froze for a good second and replied calmly, "Why is mister Cheng so curious about my personal business?"

Zhuocheng just shrugged his shoulders and gave Wang Yibo a pat, "It's not only my business but it's also my family's. He's my older brother."

Wang Yibo is surprised to hear those words. He looks at Zhuocheng if he's joking, but he actually isn't. "He's a good person," Yibo stated. Zhuocheng sighed and said, "He's a dumbass who's too kind to others that never thinks of himself."

Wang Yibo didn't say anything after that. He's also the type of person who has few words. Zhuocheng new about this, of course. So, with a wave, he went on his way and said, "If you try and hurt him, I'll break your legs."

---
Sorry for the typos and please do point out the mistakes!