Chapter 25

It's been a week since Matt and I came to California which means I only have a week left in my homeland. Yes, California is definitely my homeland. I feel so at ease here.

Tonight, the YouTube famous collaboration group OurSecondLife better known as O2L is having a huge party and we got invited. Jc and Kian personally dm'ed me on Twitter for my invitation.

Connor and I have a long history. Before he moved to California, he used to live in Minnesota. My mom went to college there and was really good friends with his mom and we would go visit them like every other summer. Connor and I became really close but lost touch. That's how Jc, Kian, and Ricky know me.

Everyone's asleep because it's super early. I haven't slept. I can't sleep knowing that I'm leaving in a couple days. Lately, I've been sneaking off to the beach early morning and just taking it all in.

I get out of bed and go downstairs. It's only Cameron, Nash, Matt, and me in the house but everyone comes over everyday. I double check to see if anyone's awake before slipping on my sandals and walking out of the house.

I walk on the boardwalk until I reach the beach.

God, California's so beautiful.

I stay on the beach for about 30-40 minutes before going back to the apartment. I get back and Nash is awake, pouring coffee for himself. He's told me before that he has sleeping problems.

"Want some?" He asks.

"Nah, I'm good." I say.

I watch Nash as he shrugs and put the kettle back on the stove.

"Where'd you go so early?" Nash asks.

"Somewhere." I say winking and going up the stairs.

I get back to Matt and I's room and he's still sound asleep. I get back in bed and scooch in close to him. I put my arm on his chest and my head on the crook of his neck. My eyelids get heavy and I'm soon sound asleep.

I wake up to Matt trying to get out of bed without me noticing.

"Get back over here." I say grabbing his arm.

He smiles and carries me bridal style.

"Katherine, it's 11 am. You need to wake up." Matt laughs.

"Shut up, you just woke up." I laugh getting off of him.

Matt kisses me softly.

"Good morning." He says and goes downstairs.

I change my clothes and go downstairs.

I see that Nash is awake and so is Cam. Cameron looks like he just woke up and Nash I guess never went back to sleep.

"I would ask what you guys want to do today but we have the party." Cameron laughs.

"Shit, I completely forgot about the party." I say holding my head.

I pull Matt to the side.

"I'm going to meet up with Mahogany and get my hair and nails done. Is that fine or did you want to do something today?" I say.

"You don't have to ask." He laughs.

"I'm not asking. I just didn't want to cancel anything that you had planned." I say kissing his cheek.

I go over to Cam and Nash and tell them that I'm meeting Mahogany.

I grab a bagel and sit on the couch and text Mahago.

Me : You're going to the party tonight right ?

Matt sits down next to me and Cash sit across from me. We sit and watch tv. She answers within five minutes.