II

Felix finally tunes back into dance class when their teacher begins to act very excited.

"Ok ok, enough with the boring stuff. To kick off this new trimester, I decided to give you all a project. All it will need is some imagination and determination."

Felix overhears a girl groan. Ryujin if Felix could remember correctly. "It's a group project isn't it."

"BINGO!" Hoseok says jumping around, but slows as he begins to tell us the requirements. How on earth did he hear Ryujin though?

"Number 1. There will be partners..." The class gets eager as he pauses, yet he smiles mischievously, "Who which I shall pick." The group of students groan together, for they were wishing to be with their friends. "Number 2! You and your partner must pick a song that is NOT popular right now. Only songs that are from 2016 or older, and please for the love of God, no Despacito." Felix looks to find a couple of kids frowning at that, but he himself was relieved. "And number 3!" The freckled boy comes back to reality as Hoseok continues speaking. "You must learn the choreo for the ENTIRE song, not just the chorus. Got it? Good! Now onto partners."

As Hoseok continues to say who's with who, the class begins to split up as more and more kids are paired together. Eventually, there were only a few left. Felix shakes his head, realizing his chances.

"Ryujin and Minho. Hyunjin and Jisung. Hyo-Sann and Byung-Chul..." Felix noticed how there were only 4 people left, Him, Chan, Jonghyuk, and Deoksu. Well fuck.
Now, Felix had nothing against Jonghyuk or Deoksu, but they were notorious for not doing their work either on time or correctly. They were basically the class clowns. Now Chan, on the other hand, was just a mess. Felix knew that there were two ways this would go, both with the same result. Either, Felix would be left with all the work and Chan would just completely skip off (honestly that would leave Felix to work in peace), or Chan would do his absolute best to annoy Felix and still leave him with all the work.

"Uhmm..." Hoseok walked in front of the four boys, his finger on his chin in thought. "You know what, I wasn't really planning on this but Felix, you are one of my top students so you can use this project to see how you work with someone new. So that leaves Jonghyuk and Deoksu as partners. Good luck to all of you and remember, songs that are 2016 or older! Get to work!"

Fuck.

Felix sighs as the tall boy comes over to him.

Chan smiles, a mischievous glint in his eye. "So, partner-"

"Nope, uh uh." Felix shakes his head. He takes a moment to internally scream in pain before looking up at Chan. "I don't really care what we do, as long as you actually try and help me out in the project. But don't pester me or I will snap your neck." He threatens with a glare.

Chan laughs loudly, raising his hands in a mocking surrender. "eye-eye captain." He smirks as he plops onto the floor next to Felix. "So...no Despacito huh?" Felix only shrugs.

"What songs even came out in 2016..." Felix asks, more to himself. He takes out his phone and skims through Spotify, trying to find a good song.

It's almost the end of class when one of the boys finally decides to speak up.

"Hey, Felix.."

"Hmm?" The boy says, not looking up.

"What about Fire Truck by NCT? It's from mid-2016."