VIII

Chan walks into school on Tuesday both worried and a little bit annoyed. Felix was leaving and he didn't tell Chan? I mean sure, they weren't 'close' but they weren't enemies...and with these new feelings, Chan was especially hurt.

He walks down the hall towards Felix's locker hoping to see if any of Jisung, Minho, or Felix were there. Minho is the only one. Chan runs towards him.

"Minho." Chan grabs the boy's shoulders.

"Chan?" Minho gives the boy a weirded-out look

"Glad I caught you...uhm, where are the others?"

"Oh, Felix went to talk to the principal with my mom, and Jisung is..." Minho looks around, his brows furrowed. "Uhm, I don't know actually. Anyways, what do you want?"

"Tell me, is it true?" Chan gently lets his hands fall.

"Is what true?"

"Felix is leaving..Is it true?" Chan clarifies. Minho looks at his feet and closes the locker.

"Yes, unfortunately...at the end of the trimester. That's why he's in the principal's office." He sighs.

"I- oh...uhm. Ok, thanks, I- I need to go." And with that, Chan runs off down the hall towards the office area.

•••

"Thank you for agreeing to meet me with me Mrs. Lee. And Felix, I wish you the best of luck back home in Australia." Mr. Wong smiles as the two Lee's walk out of the back office with him. Felix decides to walk out to the hall as his aunt and the principal talk. He was not expecting Chan to be standing there.

"Shouldn't you be in class?"

"Shouldn't you be staying in Korea?"   

"Wh-what?"

"Yeah Felix, I know about-" the door opens to reveal Felix's aunt.

"-Thank you again Mr. Wong!" She says waving. She turns to the two Australians, smiling sadly. "Well Felix, it's all settled." She hugs the boy. "See you when you get home tonight." And with that she walks off.

"Felix..." Felix only looks at Chan, but he doesn't dare speak. "I- I had no idea...why didn't you tell me?"

"Why would I tell you Chan? What would you gain? The only reason you hang out with me is because we're dance partners Chan. Why would I tell you everything if we aren't even friends. So yes, I am leaving for Australia at the end of this trimester, big deal. Why do you even care? It'll be the same as always so why the big reaction Bang Chan? You're confusing me." And with that, Felix storms off, leaving Chan to stand there in the hallway.

Felix was right, Chan didn't know why he was overreacting. He didn't know why he cared so much about the younger. He didn't know. He had to talk to someone about this.

Chan turns and runs towards the school's exit, he runs and runs and runs until he gets to a small cafe. He bends over on his knees, out of breath. The door jingles, signaling that someone just exited the cafe.

"Chan?" Said boy looks up to his childhood friend, Nayeon.

•••