The Walls Have Eyes and Ears

Who would have thought, that the situation would worsen even after Shun tried to save Yamazaki. Shun couldn't blame Yamazaki either, because of course ... who wouldn't be on the edge for someone like Shun who was often seen talking to himself and had hair that glowed red in the dark? Plus ... in that era, death caused by a monster or yokai, is not uncommon at all.

Actually the number of deaths due to supernatural is already prevalent in this era. It's just that the news is more often forgotten due to the death rate from the war. Whether it's a civil war or a war against other allies.

Yamazaki swiftly turned his body away from Shun and jumped back with his fighting stances

Yamazaki swiftly turned his body away from Shun and jumped back with his fighting stances. His glare filled with wary was clearly felt even in the dark. He raised his arms in front of his chest while holding a kind of short sword — facing the blade toward Shun.

" W-Wait! I-i can explain this! Please... just calm down... "
Shun is not afraid of him— if push comes to shove then she'd asked Heiji to take her away from here immediately and think about what should she do later.

But what makes her stuttering is the fact that she has someone she wants to stay with in here—and she won't waste her second life.

Slowly she raised both of her arms to the air and step back carefully—coming out of the dark, searching for an area that hit by sunlight.

As Yamazaki still guarding his stance, he follows Shun to the lighter area. Then that's where he—once again—taken by surprise.

" S-see...? I'm... human, just like all of you. Please, don't attack me... Yamazaki-san. "
Though she was stuttering, she tried so hard to keep her smile even if it's twitching.

" ... Your hair... turned to black again... "
He was almost stares in awe again before he slapped back to his cautious state again.

" But that still doesn't explain why it turned glowing red before. And at that night too, it was glowing the same way when you're running around in our yard. Just what is it you're doing here, monster? "

The word finally came out. Shun knows if someone to have a knowledge about this she'd most likely will get called like that one day. But even after she preparing herself, she didn't expect it'd hurt this much.

"... I'm not... a monster. I'm just... a normal human, just like all of you. However... yes, I do have several condition as a human. But I assure you, I swear by the gods, I won't harm you in any way. Please... just, hear me out first. "

"..."
Yamazaki is thinking, judging, and deciding what's the best choice in this situation. Killing her right on the spot won't do any good for him as well. His main job is to gather information and confirming the suspicious. He's been watching her since yesterday night accidentally — since it wasn't his original task to watch her. As of that, he hasn't reporting this matter to Hijikata yet, because he's lack understanding on Shun.