Lotus at Night

What was Shun expected when she decided to go with the group that will have the first fight with the Choushuuu for sure? Even in the midst of fights and bloods, she's still able think how to put her own blood on Okita's Shinsengumi's haori.

No matter how mean Okita's reaction to Shun joining his group, Shun will never waver from protecting those who she loves. No matter how biased her love is, Shun will not lose her path. That's just how it is.

" Souji! Don't go alone! "
Shun shouted to the man who's charging right to the second floor.

" Shut it! Just go treat the injured! "
But of course, he won't just listen to her that easily.

However, that short warning was actually a chance for Shun to put her blood on the back of his haori. She has been treating the wounded since the fight break out, no one could tell who's blood which splattered on Shun's clothes.

" I hope they'll be able to tell my blood apart... even if it's in the middle of this pool of bloods. "
Shun silently prayed before turning her back from the battle grounds to carry the injured to outside.

" Hang on! Carry him to outside! "
She shouted at one of the soldier who's injured lightly as well. She planned to treat the both of them right away, but the other guy received a huge blow on his stomach.

" Gah! Ugh.... S-Shun... San... "
That guy... was someone from Harada's group. She knows him pretty well, he's a kind man... who promised Shun to treat her for an oden and sake when she has served her punishment.

" Okuzawa-san! Hang in there! Stay awake! "
Shun keep shouting at him numerous times, and she will still do even if her voice getting dry and hoarse.

Until they reached the backyard, Shun and the other man who's injured finally able to rest their body on the ground without any enemy left seen around.

" Sh...un... san... I'm sorry... to made you carry me... till here... "
His eyes are getting more cloudy, it's only a matter of time...

" If you're sorry, then hang in there! You promised to treat me to oden right?! "
Shun forced the smile on her face, yet the corner of her eyes couldn't hide the tears which welling up any longer.

" ... ahh... yes... Oden... and sake... under this beautiful moon... "
As if he already knew what's becoming of him, he smiles calmly at the woman who's still trying to stop his blood.

" ... He's stabbed at his kidney... he has lost too much blood... no... it's alright... I'm here... so he should be—"

" Shun... San... Sorry... but... next time... for sure... let's grab a drink ... togeth——— "
And then, he has lost the light from his eyes.

The red which she always hate... the speed of losing their temperature... the half-closed eyes which ceased from its light... Shun knows it too well, yet she couldn't run from denialism.

".... Ah... ah! No..!! No no no no! Okuzawa-San! Okuzawa-San!  No! I don't want— "

Just when Shun almost overwhelmed by her trauma, the other injured guy beside her, shook her shoulder roughly in order to bring her back to rationality.

" Shun-San! Shun-San! "

"... Niita...San... "

" ... Okuzawa died a honorable death... no need for more tears... "
He said that even though the moonlight trimmed upon the tears in his eyes.

" ... Aghh.... Niita-San... Everyone... I'm sorry... I'm sorry... you're injured... right? I'll treat you... please, let me treat you... "
If only the pain in biting her lips could overcome the pain of losing someone she cared...