What The Shoulder Carry

Slowly but surely, the day Shun feared, eventually come. No matter how many times she wanted to look away from the reality, the day will keep on going—unbothered by her wail.

" Be careful on your way, alright? And please don't get yourself carried away so easily, always be on guard. "
Reminded Shun tirelessly since minutes ago.

" Sheesh, Shun-San, you worry too much! I'm only going to Edo y'know? I've been there countless times already. "
The youngest captain is the one who reassured her instead. He thought it's quite funny since Heisuke heard that Shun also travelled alone to here, but now she's all worries and protective.

" Haha, I'm not as worried as Shun when it comes to you, but I'm probably quite sad to whoever you'll picked on a fight along the way. "
In the other hand, Harada seems to be neither on their side since he's just like to tease his young friend.

" Hmph, you bet! I'll kick whoever's asses who try to picked on me! "

" No, if you can avoid danger then it's the better option! "
Meanwhile, Shun is acting as the protective mother again—not that Heisuke is complaining about it.

After a long and hard farewell, the time finally come for Heisuke to leave for Edo for a while. The objective of his travel is to scout more man to join the Shinsengumi. He's trusted with this task by Kondou and Hijikata, the two man told him that the emperor finally has taken an interest with the Shinsengumi since their big participation in recent events.

" Wait, before you go. Let me pray for you, Heisuke. "
Offered Shun which accepted gratefully by the soon-to-be traveler.

After she revealed her left hand which holding on her new red praying beads, Shun clasped her hands with soft prayer being let out.

" May all sentient beings have happiness and the causes of happiness.
May all sentient beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering.
May all sentient beings never be separated from the happiness which is without suffering. "

It's not a secret anymore to the soldiers in Shinsengumi that Shun is not only a skilled doctor but also a devout to the gods. She's about the only one who still use the temple they resides in as how a temple ought to be. Not only that, there are also a believe among the soldiers who heard that Shun also have relation with spiritual things.

" Thank you for the prayer, Shun. I'll be back and bring you souvenirs, okay? "

" Hah... looks like everyone's giving me souvenirs lately. Just come back safely, Heisuke. "

" See ya, kiddo. Don't cause anyone trouble! "
Last but not the least, Harada reminded the young captain.

Heisuke looks at them with an expression between pouting and smiling, which in turn gained a small laugh from both Shun and Harada. Heisuke finally bid his farewell as he turns his back on them, his steps are unexpectedly are not in a rush but not sluggish as well. Heisuke is composed and calm—not like what Shun imagined in all honesty.

Shun thought Heisuke would be delighted with this traveling and act with responsibilities on his shoulder, but it looks like one does not simply accept the changes so easily.

After they see the back of the young man blurred out to a distance, Harada asked Shun if she wanted to come with him on his patrol. He said he wanted to treat him to a drink together with Shinpachi who's already in his post.

" Oh? Are you cheering me up? What a kind man. "
Shun blurted it out with all honesty even though it sounded more like a tease to Harada's ears.

It's proven with how Harada become so flustered with those bashful smiles.
" Hahaha, come on. I'm just trying to act like the caring older brother here. "