Kidnapped

As night set the next day, Kanan was heading out the door. She had provisions the man had given her in a sack. She loaded it onto a carriage. She was really doing it. She was going to try and kidnap a princess. Kanan had spent the rest of her time pondering the many ways she might do her plan. She felt like she had a good one down.

Kanan examined the carriage to make sure it wasn’t damaged. She might have spare parts, but only one of each thing. A damaged carriage would halt the entire operation. Thankfully, it didn’t seem like anything was damaged. Kanan checked the horses and made sure they were ready to set off. After she was confident everything was working the way it should be, Kanan got up front and started driving the horses away.

The road leading out was very rough. Kanan had no idea how to navigate it. Thankfully, the horses seemed to know exactly where to trod so they wouldn’t trip. Kanan was on edge the entire trip out of the woods and onto the actual roads. She was afraid something would break already.

The travel would take ages. Kanan was not happy about that at all. She was at least glad she would be fed. He had given her enough money to buy food for herself as long as she rationed it. Kanan wasn’t planning on letting the princess get much. She was going to get the scraps and that was it.

After a grueling month of travel, Kanan finally arrived at the Shining kingdom. She came as night was falling. Kanan would’ve loved to sleep, but decided she should go about her plan now. Kanan snuck quietly down the streets, making sure to not draw any attention to her. The items on her would get her arrested. The kingdom was very picky about what people could own in their villages. Anyone who had something not approved would be jailed and tried as plotting against the royal family. It was a very extreme punishment, but no one argued.

Of course no one argued. If they did, they’d also be accused of the exact same crime. The Queen had no issue killing anyone who defies her in the smallest ways. She set in place such extreme rules. But, no one can really afford to leave with how much they have to pay in taxes. It was a losing situation for the citizens no matter what. Anyone that tried to flee without proper permission was also hunted down and killed on the spot with no mercy. It was a cruel land to live in. Kanan was glad this wasn’t her home anymore.

Kanan managed to get to the castle without much issue. She easily snuck past the guards and to the east side. She saw the window that held the princess’ room. Kanan smirked as she realized that anyone with a bit of climbing experience could scale the wall with ease. She got to work clambering up the side of the castle under the cover of darkness. There were small cracks and crevices in the wall that made very good grips. Kanan had no issue getting her footing on the wall.

She was very concerned by the lack of thought. Anyone could easily get up the castle and do some damage. It wouldn’t be that hard to climb up, light something ablaze, and then climb back down and run away. Kanan wondered why the castle wouldn’t be prepared for something like that. Not that she really cared. She was thankful it was so easy to get to the princess.

Kanan soon made it to the window. It was open completely. She sat on the ledge and watched the princess as she worked on something at a desk nearby. Kanan felt hatred growing in her heart as she stared. The room was really nice and fancy. That was something Kanan hated to see. She had so much stuff while some people in the kingdom had nothing. Kanan debated if she should also trash the place or steal something. She decided against it. She was hoping that she could take the princess and have the knights think that the princess left on her own.

Soon enough, the princess turned around and noticed Kanan watching her. She stared at her for a few minutes with a confused look. Kanan was ready to jump at her if she called for a guard.