Song of Hope

When morning came, their group set out to the next area. They were now going to travel to the Morning kingdom. They hoped they would get better results from them. The Tempest kingdom meeting did not go well at all. They couldn’t help but worry that they’d made enemies within the kingdom.

Chika was still pissed at them for her treatment. Nothing Ruby or Leah said could make her feel any different. Chika was kind of glad that they weren’t getting help from the Tempest kingdom. She knew she should be upset, but she was happy she wouldn’t have to deal with their treatment of her anymore.

“There’s a chance they’ll still join.” Leah pointed out, “If we get the Morning kingdom to aid us, they may request help from the Tempest kingdom.”

“Ugh! I want them to just never come near us again! They were so rude!” Chika growled.

“Chika, you do realize you are an animal. They don’t know how you act. They’ll just assume you act like any normal cat.” Ruby said.

“But they know I can talk!” Chika protested.

“That doesn’t mean your actions will change.” Ruby said.

Chika sighed. She gave up arguing against them. She wasn’t making any progress at all.

“They’ve managed to reach the Tempest kingdom. Unfortunately, they aren’t helping us. They don’t like that we use magic.” Hanamaru reported.

“Let’s hope the Morning kingdom is more helpful.” Kanan sighed.

“Yeah.” Dia nodded, “We need help.”

While Ruby, Leah, and Chika were gone, the rebels were getting worse. They were destroying the town. Anything related to the Queens was destroyed. It was chaos. They had found three more traitors on their staff.

“Guys. They’ve sent a letter.” Sarah entered the room, “They’ve made demands now.”

“Let’s read it.” Kanan took the letter.

It took two weeks to reach the Morning kingdom. Like before, they had sent a messenger to go ahead and announce they were arriving. They were greeted by a few knights again. This time, the knights with the travel party were not even allowed in the castle at all.

Ruby, Leah, and Chika were brought to the throne room. They waited nervously for one of the Queens to show up. Chika was sitting on Ruby’s shoulder and eyeing the knights. She didn’t like them already. They had tried to chase her off. They didn’t want her in the castle.

A few minutes later, one of the Queens entered the room. They greeted each other. The Queen stood before them.

“So, may I ask what you want from us?” She asked.

“The Diamond kingdom is having issues with rebels. We are still a young kingdom and don’t have the means to put down the rebellion ourselves. We are asking if you can give us some assistance.” Ruby said.

“I don’t know. What assistance do you want?”

“Either some reinforcements or some advice.” Ruby said.

The Queen turned to one of the knights, “Fetch Tsubasa.”

The knight left to do that. Ruby and Leah looked at each other. They were nervous. They didn’t know exactly why the other Queen was being fetched.

A moment later, she appeared. She eyed up the girls as she made her way to the center of the room.

“What do you need, Honoka?” Tsubasa asked the other Queen.