Attack

The attack party had arrived prior to schedule. Hanamaru sent out a message to Chika to inform her of such. They were told to proceed as thought it was on time. Everyone started sharpening their weapons and training. As night started to fall, everyone got rested up for midnight. That was when they would attack. The moon was new, so they could use the darkness to their advantage. It was the perfect night to do this.

Tensions were high in the camp. Everyone was on edge. All it would take is one person to see them and spread the word and then the mission was a failure. They’d have to retreat empty handed and risk a worse punishment. Who knew what the Diamond kingdom might do to them in retaliation if they were caught.

More or less, it was the lives of Dia and Riko that were on the lines. Kanan and Mari also might be wanted, but not as severely as they are. It would be pretty obvious that they were doing this for Dia and Riko. Once the true nature of why they were attacking came out, there would be no way to deny why they were doing this.

“Maru, are you alright?” Kanan asked as she took a seat beside her.

“I just… I had a weird vision last night… I’m worried it might be a sign…” Hanamaru mumbled.

“What was it about?” Kanan asked as she pulled Hanamaru closer to her for comfort.

“I saw blood… lots of blood. It was from a chest. Female chest. There was a sword. I think that might’ve been the weapon.” Hanamaru paused to gulp.

“That sounds like a warning vision.” Kanan commented.

“I saw black mist. I think that might mean ghost or spirit. There was also a knife. And, a dead male. I heard sobbing. Anguish.” Hanamaru finished, “It was horrible. I felt sick after seeing it.”

“I hope that doesn’t come true.” Kanan said.

“I hope it doesn’t as well. I just wonder who it could be.”

“Probably one of us.” Kanan replied.

“Yeah… I pray it was just a really bad nightmare.”

Soon after, everyone was called to head out. Kanan wished Hanamaru luck and set off to find her group. Yō cuddled up with Hanamaru to try and cheer her up. She also hoped that the vision wasn’t true and it was indeed just a nightmare fueled by the tension. If that vision was true, they all knew how much more they would suffer from it.

Mari was the first one to leave with her group. They’d ambush the knights. Once there were cries of panic inside, Kanan would lead the other group in and start telling them where to go.

Mari led the knights through the back of the castle. They snuck around with little problems. There weren’t any guards around. Mari was a little suspicious about that. Even if there weren’t many knights available, she still assumed they’d have some on guard duty. Due to that, they moved extra slow and made sure to do a lot of double takes before moving onward to their next cover.

This mission could end everything. If they got caught, the other group would never know and then they could be easily ambushed and killed. This was the main part of the mission. They needed to get the element of surprise to win this fight. Even if they outnumbered the knights of the other side, they could still be defeated if they made a mistake.

“That wood pile is the one.” Mari whispered to the knight in charge of the attacking orders for the group.

“Alright. Two people go and sneak over. Remove the pile carefully. Signal once it is clear.” The knight ordered.

Two other knights snuck over and slowly shifted the pile over. It revealed a passage just like Dia had said there would be. The knights examined it and then signaled for the rest of the group to come over. They all snuck over and went into the tunnel. It still was weird to see no guards around.