XIII

Zendaya woke up from a nightmare. That same stupid nightmare that kept coming back. The weird thing was, it had been almost four years since she'd seen Dinah. It didn't matter though.

Her second Spider-Man movie was coming out soon, and she couldn't be happier. Could she? Nah, Zendaya was content with her life and felt it would be ungrateful to ask for anything more.

The temporary redhead yawned and stretched before getting out of bed. She opened her curtains staring out at the bright sunlit city below her.

Zendaya had a few interviews to do and Law would call any minute to help her pick out a look for the day. She got in the shower, thinking silently to herself. Sometimes she wondered what Dinah was doing, those thoughts were quickly tossed out of her mind.

Like her dad said if they're meant to be in your life they'll come back. It's been three years and she hadn't come back, so I guess she wasn't meant to be.

She repeated that to herself in hopes that it'd make her feel better, yet it didn't. Why am I thinking of her? I haven't in months. Why now?

After drying off and doing her basic hair and skin routine, she took out her suitcase waiting for Law to call.

...

Tom and Jacob were great co stars and friends. She was thankful to have her in her life. They helped her a lot through her depression. They didn't know all of what happened but they were okay with that.

Tom suspected it had something to do with an ex because every time someone asked her out she immediately said no. To prove his theory he did it himself as well. As expected she said no.

People worried about her, especially her parents. They wanted grandkids at some point but the way Zendaya seemed hung up over this girl from years ago it wasn't going to happen.

Zendaya had left her charger at the hotel so she got one of her security guards to take her back. Her phone was dying and she needed to get back quickly.

Zendaya got out of the van running upstairs into her hotel room. Grabbing the cord she made her way back downstairs to the lobby. Getting off the elevator she noticed a tall brunette sitting on the couch in the lounge.

She had this overwhelming feeling of familiarity. But it couldn't be. No it couldn't. Dinah wouldn't have moved that far away. Maybe to like San Francisco or something. Not Florida. It was too far and Dinah hated long distance from her father.

Just as she was about to walk out the woman said something that froze her. "I named her Alana-Maree like I said I would."

Zendaya turned around. She looked even more beautiful and mature since the last time she'd seen her. "Alana-Maree Daya Coleman," Dinah continued. "She looks just like you."

Zendaya couldn't say anything. She fanned at the tears that were trying to roll down the side of her face. "Y-You left...m-me," Zendaya said holding back a sob.

"Miss is she bothering you?" Zendaya's security guard asked. Zendaya shook her head wiping her face.

"Wait for me by the car please," Zendaya said. He skeptically looked between the two and walked out of the hotel. "Why?"

"I was...pregnant Z. And I couldn't tell you, but I have no choice now," Dinah admitted.

"What the hell do you mean you were pregnant?! And you never told me?! For what?!" Zendaya exclaimed.

"I couldn't tell you because I—" Dinah noticed people looking at them. "Can we talk about this somewhere else please?"

Zendaya rolled her eyes and motioned for Dinah to follow her. They walked out front to the van Zendaya arrived in. "Don't pull off yet," the redhead told the driver. "Explain yourself. We've got five minutes."