XIV

The next day Dinah woke up laying on top of Zendaya. She took a moment to admire the woman's sleeping state and remember what happened last night. It'd been so long since they'd been with each other that way, and she was savoring every moment of it because she wouldn't let it happen again.

At least that's what she told herself.

"Why are you staring at me?" Zendaya grumbled wiping the sleep from her eyes. Dinah blushed and hid her face in the crook of Zendaya's neck.

"I wasn't," the brunette lied. Zendaya absentmindedly ran her fingers along the spine of Dinah's back. It gave the mother chills that only Zendaya could give.

"How'd you sleep?" Zendaya asked.

"Great, you?"

"Almost perfect."

"Why almost?"

"Every time I tried to flip us over you'd flip us back." Dinah giggled expecting nothing less from her sleep state.

"I like to be on top even when I'm asleep." They shared a laugh and sat up. Zendaya pouted when she felt Dinah slip out of her grasp. "Don't make that face. We could've stayed in bed, but you wanted to go at it without a condom so you have to take me to the store."

"But can't we stay in bed for a little longer?" Zendaya asked watching Dinah put on her clothes.

"No cause afterwards we have to get dressed and go to the hospital. Yesterday was fun but it's time to return to reality," Dinah said grabbing her shoes. Zendaya furrowed her eyebrows.

Who is this woman and what has she done to Dinah?

Dinah kissed Zendaya's lips and said, "I'll meet you in the lobby sexy."

There she is.

...

Zendaya and Dinah sat in the back of Zendaya's designated van on their way to the hospital. Zendaya was nervous.

It was the first time she'd meet her daughter, and she prayed to God the little girl liked her. "So I kind of forget how exactly did she end up in the hospital again?" Zendaya asked.

Dinah sighed running a hand through her hair. "She's really shy, and these boys keep picking on her because of it. I talked to their parents and the teachers but I guess that made it worse. I got a call two days ago from the principal saying that an ambulance was on it's way to pick her up. I feel really bad about it because I wasn't there to help her."

Zendaya felt her heart swell up. Alana is adorable and from how Dinah described her she's the sweetest thing ever. Why would someone pick on her like that?

Zendaya put a loving hand over Dinah's. "It's gonna be okay." Dinah smiled small, turning back towards the window. They pulled up in front of the hospital.

It's now or never. Zendaya pulled her hoodie over her head, hoping to conceal her identity. The two got out of the car still holding hands. Dinah reluctantly pulled away when they got inside.

"Can we not, just around Alana? I don't want her to get her hopes up if it doesn't work out," Dinah said signing in. Zendaya didn't want to but she nodded anyway.

"I understand." They took their visitor's passes and walked to the children's ward. They'd found Alana's room, but Zendaya stopped before she could go in. "I-I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?" Dinah asked with a scrunched up face.

"I just...what if she doesn't like me? What if she changes her mind or something?" Zendaya worried.