✴ Chapter 6: The terrifying curse

It strikes me profoundly that the world is more often than not a bad and cruel place. Or should I say, it's born to be that way?

"Little sister? What the hell are you doing here?"

"Tch, yah! Why are you so rude to your little sister huh?" Lisa asked and rolled her eyes, her enthusiasm almost fell down.

Taehyung lets out a grin before taking a step forward, letting his hand brushed her hair.

"I told you to stay in Japan, Lisa. You left our mom alone, again" he said, letting out a deep sigh.

Lisa swats his hand playfully before standing on her own feet, wearing her sweetest smile again.

"Actually, I'd rather tell this to you than seeing her first" she said cheerfully, pointing in the kitchen from where their mom is.

Taehyung creases his forehead but shifted his gaze in the kitchen, only to see their mother in a blue apron.
He lets out a sigh out of frustration.

"Mom, you are also here?"

Their mom prepares different hearty dishes in the table, before finally removing her apron and puts it back from its place.

"Son, we're gonna stay here for a week" she said cheerfully. Lisa then stands beside her, adding;
"Yes, 1 week!" she also said cheerfully.

Yeah, like mother like daughter.

"Mom, we already talked about this right?" Taehyung asked, taking a seat on his favorite single couch.

"Don't you feel lonely being without company?" Lisa asked back, heading towards the living room and occupied the couch.

"You're living here alone in Seoul and is a constant source of worry" their mother suddenly said, taking a seat beside Lisa.

"Mom, have you forgotten? Lisa almost had a mental breakdown about 2 years ago. I don't want that to happen again" Taehyung uttered with a grunt and leans his back against the cold fabric of his favorite couch.

"Aigoo! Are you pertaining about that guy again? I told you I've alreaㅡ"

"Then what's keeping you from coming back here, then?" he asked coldy, before shifting his gaze at her.

Lisa didn't able to response back and just look down that made Taehyung grin in annoyance.

"I knew it" he said in between his breath.

"O-oppa, it's not like I wanted him to come backㅡ" Lisa unable to get through to her sentence when Taehyung chimes in again;

"Another excuse?"

Lisa presses down her teeth on the bottom of her lips and grabs ahold on his hand. She then gazes at him intently, as if telling him to believe her words.

"Oppa, please don't put your life in risk. I'm saying this because I know what exactly you're thinking of" Lisa said, letting out a deep audible breath.
"You're intractable lad and I'm terrified at the thought of how this would outcome"

"Don't you trust me?" his brother's deep voice made Lisa's body to shake with a slight trembling motion.
"You should be gratified that someone is willing to protect you at all costs, little sister" he added, before swatting her hands away.

"I a-am butㅡ"

"You know I hate being controlled and if you're doing this to protect that fucking man, you can leave this houㅡ"