Me Too

Michael

I removed the jacket of my suit and sloppy handed to the waiting attendant at the entrance of the private area. It felt as if this party had been going on forever and a day. And at this point I wanted nothing more than for it to be over. I was exhausted in more way than one.

I took a seat in my section where my father, Andrew Sr and Drew were already seated. My father and his sharing what looked to be some form of a brandy cocktail. Completely ingulfed in a conversation all their own. The fact that the two seemed to be getting along rather well intrigued me for a moment. It made me wonder if Drew was as much like his father as I was like mine. And if we had met under different circumstances would there have been a genuine possibility of us starting a friendship?

I raised my hand into the air and one of the waitresses quickly made her way over to me with a much needed drink in hand. I accepted it before whispering into her ear for her to bring over a box of cigars. She nodded her head and did as asked. Upon her return I gestured for her to hand them to the left of me. Which she did. I watched as the box made it's way around, each man taking a cigar in the process. Aside from Drew. He simply handed it to the right of him and continued to stare off into nothing in particular. That is until he realized I had been staring at him.

"Are you really turning down a Cohiba?" I asked Drew while taking the box into my own hands. Sitting it in my lap and taking a cigar into my hands as well as the double bladed cigar guillotine.

"Tryna cut back." He said causing me to raise a questioning brow. "Besides Scarlett hates the smell of smoke." He chuckled further blowing my mind. This was the furthest thing from true. Scarlett never complained when I smoked around her. I had even managed to get her to smoke with me a few times. Of course not cigars but nevertheless. I placed the guillotine to the cigar and clipped the end my eyes never leaving Drews. 

His statement had me wondering if he was simply attempting to save face or if he perhaps knew another Scarlett entirely

His statement had me wondering if he was simply attempting to save face or if he perhaps knew another Scarlett entirely. One I hadn't quite had the pleasure of meeting yet. "If you say so." I mumbled taking the cigar to my lips and fetching the lighter from the box. Not failing to notice the glimpse of confusion that casted over his eyes.

I took in a big puff and enjoyed the light headed sensation that followed as the smoke slowly filled my lungs. To be honest right now I needed a blunt, but it would have to wait until later. I thanked the waitress as she pulled the box from my lap. Placing an ashtray on the table before me. I played with the smoke in my mouth before pulling my drink into my lap and leaning back into my seat.

Tonight had went to hell. Not the hell that I had expected but hell nevertheless. I knew tonight wouldn't be a good night. The fact that I was going to have to expose Tera to the room was reason alone for it to be a shit fest. I just had hopped to get Scarlett alone before hand. So I could explain to her my reasoning behind it all. Or at least what I could without pulling her further into this bullshit than she already had been pulled.