22-The Wedding Night [Final Chapter]

In the end, Lan Zhan and Wei Ying were married on schedule, surrounded by most of the prominent members of the four great clans.

The story of Wei Ying's mythic arrival on the back of a dragon had spread far and wide, and their wedding became a victory celebration and an occasion for the other clans to show their gratitude at having been spared annihilation or humiliating surrender.

Wen Chao was said to have disappeared after hearing of his father's defeat. Wen Qing was caring for Wen Ling, who would recover, but never be as strong as he once had been. Wen Ling had renounced any right to lead the remnants of Wen Clan, handing it over jointly to Wen Qing and her reclusive brother, Wen Ning.

Wei Ying was surprised to see the Jin clan heir talking to his sister at the wedding feast. Perhaps that engagement would soon be on again? 

***

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan stayed with their families and guests until almost midnight. By then, Lan Zhan's eyes were closing, and Wei Ying led him back to their courtyard.

Outside Wei Ying's room, Lan Zhan tugged on his sleeve. "Wait," he said. Then he dropped to his knees. 

"Lan Zhan, what 's wrong?" Wei Ying tried to pull him to his feet.

"I'm begging," he said. "I don't want to be the cause of you not being able to say you always keep your promises, so I'm begging you to move across the courtyard."

***

"Lan Zhan, before the year is out, not only will you be thanking me, you'll be begging me."

Lan Zhan's smile faltered. "Begging you for what?"

"Why, to move across the courtyard, of course."

"That's your prediction?" One eyebrow cocked up like he was ready to take it as a challenge.

"No, Lan Zhan, that's my promise."

***

Wei Ying laughed and pulled Lan Zhan to his feet. "If you didn't, I would have," he said. "I was only apart from you for a day when I went to see Wen Ling, and it felt like--"

"You don't have to mention him tonight," Lan Zhan cut in. "Or ever."

Wei Ying batted his eyelashes and then quickly kissed him. "But jealous Lan Zhan is so cute."

Lan Zhan bent and picked him up, bridal style, and carried him across the courtyard to his own room. 

***

Inside, Lan Zhan set him on his feet and then kissed him until Wei Ying thought he might faint. Even then, he didn't want to stop. Lan Zhan's kisses made him feel complete. And horny. So very, very horny.

Just looking at Lan Zhan's lips, slightly swollen and slick, made him want to dive in again. "Lan Zhan," he said, not caring that it sounded more like a moan. "I'm so into you. I couldn't love you any more if you were plated in honey and sprinkled with lotus seeds."

Lan Zhan's brows shot up and his mouth dropped open. 

Wei Ying laughed. "You and your dirty mind!"

Lan Zhan reached up and untied his forehead ribbon. "Give me your hands."

Wei Ying stepped back without hesitation and offered his wrists to his lover. 

Lan Zhan began pulling off his red robes, not stopping until Wei Ying stood before him bare-chested. 

"Now," he said, and Wei Ying held up his arms again. 

Lan Zhan tied one knot, then two, then three. Finally, Wei Ying lost count. "Uh... want to tell me what you have in mind?" he queried.

Lan Zhan shot him a dark look and a smirk. "I plan to extract a few more promises from you tonight," he said, his low tone sending a shiver down Wei Ying's spine.

Those shivers turned into moans of ecstasy, pleas for more, then pleas for mercy, and finally, sobs of relief as Lan Zhan delivered on his promise.

"I promise never to say his name again."

"I promise never to summon a demon without telling you."

"I promise to not bring any more wild animals home."

"I promise never to swim naked with anyone but you."

"I promise to sing to you whenever you ask."

"I promise to love you always."

***

Lan Zhan lost himself in Wei Ying's body as his words and moans calmed the fears that had been nagging at him. 

When his breathing returned to normal, he looked over at Wei Ying, who smiled at him.

"Your smile makes my heart feel like it's too small," Lan Zhan told him.

"What?" Wei Ying said, chuckling. "As declarations of love go, I think you can do better, Lan Zhan."

It wasn't until that moment that Lan Zhan realized he hadn't ever told Wei Ying he loved him.

He looked up at the ceiling, feeling suddenly ashamed and unworthy of the man who lay next to him.

Wei Ying's fingers grasped his chin. "Look at me," he said. "I already know."

Lan Zhan knew that. He felt Wei Ying's love for him. Wei Ying must feel his, too. 

He looked over at the shining eyes and bright smile he couldn't live without. "I love you more than I ever imagined it was possible to love anyone," he said. "I'm not done being shocked by that. I'm not done being shocked that someone as... strong and amazing and beautiful as you loves me back. That's all."

Wei Ying waved his still-bound wrists in the air. "Untie me so I can kiss you, Lan Zhan."

Lan Zhan looked from Wei Ying's lips to his bound wrists and back again. One side of his mouth rose into a smile as things lower down began rising as well. "I promise," he said, "to untie you before morning."

"Lan Zhan!" 

He stopped Wei Ying's protest with his lips, and then flipped him over and took his tongue on an exhaustive tour of the celestial being he had just married.

***

Morning found them exhausted and sleeping peacefully in each other's (now untied) arms. They would, from then on, wake together about an hour after dawn and sleep... well, whenever they got tired.

>>>>

THE END

>>>>>>>>>>

A/N:  I'm finished with this story for a while, but I might add some fluffy/sexy, post-marriage one-shots to the end when I get a chance, so keep it in your library if you're interested.  

Also, I probably won't be able to keep myself from writing more of these Wangxian fanfics, so follow me to get notifications.

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting!! - Alicia