Chapter 15 - Fun or Regrets?

"I met Noah in his early twenties. He was a regular customer and apparently had some unusual fascination with me, so he'd always request my... Services." She nervously averted her gaze to the floor, fidgeting constantly with her fingers. I could tell that it was difficult for her to speak out. Something terrible obviously happened.

"Noah is a very smooth talker and after a while, we started fooling around. Really stupid on my part because I was in a serious relationship with my boyfriend," she gulped hard, then took a shaky breath in.

"I only became a stripper for my boyfriend and I to mortgage a house together and I pay my university fees. I didn't intend to get caught up with Noah... It just happened... Anyways, the guilt was too overwhelming and I felt disgusted with myself. I tried to break things off with Noah. I guess, he wouldn't take 'no' for an answer and wanted me to keep pleasing him until he got fed up." Tears started welling in her eyes as she sniffed.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. Even if she was moronic enough to cheat on her boyfriend and get into this mess, I still felt a pang in my chest seeing the regret and pain in her eyes. She quickly wiped away her tears and sniffled.

"I-I broke down and told my boyfriend everything and... He didn't handle the news well. One night, he came during my shift and got into a huge argument with Noah. They were at each other's throats, but my boyfriend was willing to forgive my infidelity if I stayed away from Noah in turn. When I agreed to it, Noah went absolutely ballistic and attacked my boyfriend. It was so brutal. He behaved like a true monster, one I had never seen in my lifetime. I called the police and Noah was arrested. My man was in hospital for over 2 months, he was in critical condition and I almost lost him."

"He pressed charges against Noah and we thought that would be the end of it. But when I saw him the other day in my dressing room, I was consumed by tremendous fear and I... I broke my promise to my now fiancé and slept with Noah. Not even once, but twice. This time I told my fiancé immediately and he agreed that I should play along with Noah for the sake of my safety. We both know that what he did to my fiancé was just a taste of what he was capable of." Lola stared earnestly into my eyes, displaying concern and warning.

"Look. Once you get close to Noah, you can never get out unless he dismisses you. He's very dangerous and possessive over his things. He hasn't been showing up here lately which is great news to me. Although, that means he's found a new victim to obsess over so please be careful and don't get too close to him. For your own good," she heeded her last warning at me, lacing her words with sympathy.

My throat constricted as I gaped at Lola, trying to process the sudden alarming revelation. I didn't know what to believe. I knew Noah was dangerous... But obsessive with women? It's been the other way around from what I've seen. I couldn't possibly be in his radar, I'm his freaking brother's wife. There's nothing special about me either. He must just have a stripper fetish.

Not to mention, her experience is based on one incident... Right?

"What are you sheilas talking about?" I jumped in fright upon hearing his raspy voice beside me.

"Oh, nothing." Lola produced a flirtatious smile, skilfully hiding her tear stained complexion. "I was telling this babe how much she's slaying that outfit."

His eyes narrowed suspiciously as he carefully examined my reaction. It were as though he could read me like an open book, or text message.

"Looked kinda serious from my perspective," he probed astutely while I swarmed with panic.

"Fashion is serious business." She released an awkward laugh and twirled her finger around her soft, blonde locks. I needed to help her out of this situation. She took a chance and confided in me about Noah, so I had to return the favour. It was the least I could do.