Chapter 20 - Breaking Point

Happy New Year!

His grip around my neck was tight, but not enough to hurt or throttle. I desperately tried to pry his hand off but he wouldn't budge, instead a glint of titillation stretched on his lips.

"What are you doing?" I floundered under his predacious gaze.

No one would believe that this was the same man whom watched a PG movie with me last night. Noah could change his demeanour instantly and fluently. It was truly a frightening sight to behold.

"There's no mistake I want you," he divulged in a sensually husky tone.

A lump formed in my throat, having no choice but to stare into Noah's expressionless eyes. With trembling lips, I inhaled a cautious breath. His fingertips lethargically trailed up my neck as if he was fascinated by the skin of a human. It halted at my lips, taking a few seconds to graze over them. 

I instinctively recoiled from the icy-heat of his touch, inducing his eyelids to droop dangerously. Quivering uncontrollably, my body prepared itself to flee. If only it would obey. The hand around my neck loosened and veered behind to run its fingers through my hair.

"And I'm going to keep wanting you, even when I have you," he murmured, openly displaying an intense covet. He roughly pressed his cheek against mine, so that his mouth were inches from my ear.

"I'll erase his every touch, kiss and scent," he declared possessively, sending shivers up my spine. "Replacing them with my marks." 

His hot breath prickled my skin as his unusually cool lips pressed into my ear. An undesirable wave of heat rushed through my veins, defying all cognitive control. He chortled ominously, as if he was conjuring something gruesome in his head.

"I can do things that will leave you in stitches," he boasted satirically, lightly nibling on my lobule. 

I felt constant trepidation swarming within my trembling frame, whilst I shrunk in comparison to his tower height and masculine figure. Noah thrived on having power over people, I just knew it. He had this ecstatic glimmer in his dark irises whenever someone cowered before him.

"I'd bring all kinds of pleasures to you, love." He smirked wildly, tracing a strand of my hair down to my collarbone, halting midway to my breasts.

"I won't stop." 

Our eyes connected instantly, as his bore a smouldering intensity and conviction which undoubtedly showed that he wasn't joking. "Not even when you're screaming my name," he muttered mischievously.

"Enough," I squeaked in torment.

"Not even when you're on your knees begging me," he ignored, biting his lip in pure bliss.

"T-This isn't right!" I quavered, sprinting out of the bathroom.

In a speedy manner, I loosely chucked on a white shirt and blue high-waisted pants. My hair was dishevelled and I looked like an outright wreck.

Within minutes, I was outside and trudging through a park. The wind felt cold on my skin, as if tiny bugs were biting at my flesh. This day had went to shit and it seemed to only get worse. 

Noah was the instigator of all destruction and misery. However, he was right about one thing – it was a long walk to the nearest café.

I dragged my feet to a specific direction. Our café. The cosy and warm place we shared on a perfect date, rekindling the same burning passion in our marriage which was awaiting to erupt. 

It didn't matter that I would be dinning alone, because I still experienced a sense of comfort and reassurance knowing that Chris was somehow with me.