Balance

The sun shined through the bedroom of Shawns room. I stretched my arms and looked over at Shawn who was sleeping. The events of last night flooded back to me. My lips curled into a smile while I wrapped my hands around his waist. I can't believe we finally had sex and it was amazing. He held me so right and touched me so softly. I stared in disbelief as I laid into him. 

I felt Shawn turning into me and kissed him awake. He moaned lowly. "Bey?"

"Yea baby."

"How you feeling?" 

"Im good. Just admiring you."

"How you really feeling?"

Shawn opened his eyes fully as he waited for my answer. 

"I'm scared...He knows where I stay. He knows how to get in my house. I don't know how to protect Erin. They let him go for a small indiscretion, but MY TESTIMONY DIDNT MEAN SHIT. NOTHING. NOTHING TO THEM..... It took....everything I had to go up there. In return, I got a slap in the face by the so called justice system."My voice strained as I struggled to fully get my thoughts out. 

"I know it's hard right now, but I promise you I will never leave you. I will protect you as much as I can. Erin too. I care about both of you. Imma make sure you both good."

I smiled at Shawn before kissing him and rolling out of bed. "Thank you baby."

I went into the bathroom and handled my morning routine. I didn't feel like going out today. I will still in shock of everything that happened. Shawn made me forget about it for a little while, but the verdict kept replaying in my head over and over. Keith's smirk, everything. I tried not to worry too much about it, but I couldn't help but wonder if my son would be safe.

Upon leaving the bathroom, the sweet smell of pancakes and bacon hit my nose. Shawn was the best cook and made the most amazing food. I hurried downstairs and saw him shirtless with long pajama pants on. 

"Hey" I spoke with my arms wrapped around his waist and my head resting on his back.

"Hey to you. You want eggs?"

"No, but do you have an apple juice?"

"Yea, It's Tiera's favorite." He said chuckling.

"Can I have some?"

"Yea, bey go ahead. It's just juice."

"It was just water." Shawn rolled his eyes at my comment referring to our argument previously about me not asking to get water. "I'm kidding Shawn. Relax baby."

"I like the way baby is rolling off your tongue." Shawn said as he finished the last pancake. 

"I like the way it feels rolling off my tongue." I reached over him and grabbed a piece of bacon before grabbing a plate from the cabinet. "Go sit, I'll make us a plate, since you cooked."

"Thank you." Shawn kissed my temple before sitting at the kitchen bar.

I put five pancakes on each plate and bacon. Shawn had made eggs for himself so I gave him his and grabbed the syrup. 

"Bon appetite." 

"Thank you gorgeous." 

I sat next to him and we prayed over our food. 

"What we doing today B?"

"I'm not really in the mood to do anything Shawn. I just wanna stay in. I don't want to see any reporters or any TMZ crazies." 

"You sure? I have a spot that's secluded and its pretty low key."

"I'll think about it." I gave him a soft smile before finishing the food.