Chapter Six

"He said he was building something. That it was just for me."

"Is he talking about the flayed?"

"Must be."

"So he's building an army, just like we thought."

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread."

"He's building it to stop Eleven." Mari put in.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that royally pissed him off. The Mind Flayer knows she's the only one who can stop him. If she's out of the way-"

"Game over."

"He also said that he was going to kill all of you." El whispered sadly.

"Well that's nice." Max said sarcastically.

They sat quietly until Nancy got up and looked through the window.

"Do you hear that?"

"It's just the fireworks." Johnathon assured.

"Billy...when he told you this, it was here, in this room?" Nancy asked.

El nodded. Will suddenly shuddered next to Mari and touched the base of his neck gently.

"He knows we're here."

The rumbling intensified as the kids went outside. They saw a monster identical to the one in the hospital coming for them.

"Get back in the house."

Nancy and Johnathon grabbed weapons from the shed while the kids worked on fortifying the windows and doors. Once that was done, they huddled in a circle in the middle of the room and waited.

The monster got closer as glass broke and the roof shook. It suddenly stopped before a limb broke through the side of the cabin and reached for El.

She narrowly missed it as Johnathon chopped at it with his ax.

It retaliated by swatting it's arm in his direction. His direction also included Mari. They both got knocked into the wall and Nancy shot at it. She ran out of bullets after awhile and it went to attack her face but El stopped it.

The monster now solely focused on stopping El, as it tried to attack her with all of its arms. She ripped them off easily and was fine until the monster breached the roof and grabbed her leg, pulling her into the air.

The kids went to grab her arms and hold her as Nancy shot at it some more. Lucas grabbed Johnathon's fallen ax and chopped the limb holding El. They all fell to the ground while the monster writhed in pain.

El was in immense pain but still managed to rip the head in half. They kids dragged her up and ran to the car. Nancy drove them out of there as fast as possible.

-----
They drove them to a convenience store and helped El walk in. Nancy grabbed some rubbing alcohol and gauze after setting her down.

"What are you doing?" Max asked.

"I'm cleaning the wound."

"First stop the bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, then bandage. I skateboard, I know what I'm doing." Max said.

They peeled back El's jeans on her ankle and saw a gaping hole where the monster bit her.

"Holy shit." Lucas whispered.

"I need water and a washcloth. Lucas, go get a bowl." Max instructed.

"I'll get more bandages." Mari said.