Chapter 2

Camdyn's Pov

I sat on the couch for a few minutes after they left. Just sitting there. "Cam? Are you okay?" He said.

I looked at him and wrapped my arms around him in a hug "thank you Lane" I said. I started crying "h-he would've k-killed m-me" I stuttered. "Your Welcome Cam" he said hugging me tight.

We sat like that for an hour until I finally got myself together and stopped crying. I checked my phone for the first time and had a text from my mum.

Mom- Hey Cam my flight lands at three your gonna pick me up right?

It's been an hour since she sent that text. I looked at the time it's an half an hour drive to the airport.

2:47 p.m.

"Shit" I said. "What's wrong?" "My mom, her flights lands at three" I said shooting up from the couch. "Well let's go" he said. I threw on my shoes, grabbed my phone and wallet and we ran out to the car.

I drove literally as fast as I could with breaking any laws. My mom was waiting outside the airport when we got there. I got out of the front seat and ran to give her a hug.

"Hi Cam" she said ruffling my hair. "I missed you Mom" I said. "I missed you too" she said. I felt like I needed to tell her.

"He's gone Mama" I said "hm?" She said as I helped her out away he luggage in the trunk. "The police took Dad, for Domestic Violence and Child abuse, he's going away for years Mama" I said.

A slight smile appeared on her face she had been trying to divorce him but he refused to sign the papers. "That's great Cam!" She said.

Lane stepped out of the car. "You two slow pokes coming?" He asked. "Mama this is Lane, Lane this is my mom" I said. "It's nice to meet you ma'am" Lane said. "Please you can call me Sara, it's nice to see my boy made a good friend"

"Moooom" I said elbowing her. Lane climbed into the backseat and mom took his place in the passenger seat. Mom talked with me and Lane like she never left the whole way home.

When we got home she went upstairs to her and dad's room. "Hey Lane? J know this is going to sound like a big thing but do you think you could move here? Like to be with Cam while I'm away" she asked coming downstairs where we were deflating the air mattress.

"Um yeah sure" Lane said he looked happy. His parents had been nagging him about moving out. "Great! Thank you Lane! I don't leave for work again for a week me and Cam can help you move" She said excitedly.

"We can turn the guest room into your room" she said. We all went upstairs and into the guest bedroom. The bland decorations needed to come down and Lane would need to get his own bed spread and stuff.

"We will have to go to your house and get your things tomorrow" Mom said. "I don't have much and most of it's already packed, I've been looking for somewhere to move" Lane said. "That's great! We can go get you some things from the store tomorrow too then" she said clapping her hands.

With that my mom took us out to dinner and then we went to bed.

When I woke up that morning Lane and my mom we're sitting at the kitchen table chatting. I stood up and stretched before rubbing my eyes and walking over to them.

"Morning sleepyhead" Mom said "mmmm" I groaned walking over to the coffee pot. "Well you're quite grumpy" Lane said when I sat down at the table with a cup of coffee.

"This is normal" mom said ruffling with my hair. "We are going to have to get going if we want to catch my parents before they go to work" Lane said. "Oh yes, go get dressed Camdyn" she said shooing me downstairs to my room in the basement.