Chapter 3

Lane's POV

I woke up the next morning to Cam tickling me. "Hahahaha..... Stop..... Hahaha" I laughed. He stopped after a moment. "Morning Cam" I said ruffling his hair after catching my breath.

We sat there for a few minutes just teasing each other. Then Sara opened the trunk "morning lovebirds" she giggled.

"Get dressed I made us reservations at a restaurant I an hour" Carmen said. "I don't have any clothes" Camdyn complained. "I brought you some" I said. "Oh god" he teased.

I pulled out a clean binder for him it was a full tank grey one, then a pair of his black ripped jeans, and a red flannel. I handed them to him. "Go change" I said grabbing my pile of clothes and climbing out of the car.

I had the same thing as him but my flannel was blue. And my tank top wasn't a binder of course.

I changed in Carmen's car and went to open the trunk for Camdyn. He jumped down from the trunk. "Awe you look cute Lane" he said. "We match!" "Mhm" I said.

"Alright guys let's go" Carmen said she gave me the restaurant and we drove out vehicles separate.

Once we reached town we had to park a block away. We started to walk towards the restaurant, when Cam grabbed my hand, I felt my cheeks heat up a little.

He giggled, and his mom snapped a picture. When we reached the restaurant we were taken to our seats. We ordered our food and started talking. Carmen immediately hit us with questions.

"I can't believe my baby brother finally go himself a man" "Carmen!" Camdyn gasped reaching over the table and lightly slapping her. After we finished eating we went home.

Everyone helped Carmen move her things into her room for the summer. "It's weird not having Dad here" she said.

Camdyn's Pov

After helping Carmen move her things back into her room I was sitting on my bed staring at the promise ring. Then before I knew it Lane was sitting next to me. "Cam, your mom wants to go visit you Dad with Carmen, she wants to know if you'll go" He said.

I thought for a minute "I'll go, but you have to come with me" I said. "Of course"

So within ten minutes we were in my mom's car on the way to the prison. We pulled up to the gate "State your reason for being here" The guard said. "We're here to see my dad, Nathan Light" Carmen said. "Proceed" the guard said and gave her directions to the visitor parking.

When we went inside we were searched and what not then I noticed my dad sitting at a table fit for five. I gripped Lane's hand tighter as we walked over.

He rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand. When we reached the table me and Lane sat on the two person bench and my mom and Carmen said in the chairs.

My dad stared dead at me until my mom spoke. "Good morning Nathan" she said stiffly. "Sara" he said. "Carmen how's college" he asked and my sister went on about college in the US.

As they finished their conversation he looked at me. "Camryn how are you" he asked. I took a deep breath. Right now was the time to stand up for myself.

"It's Camdyn" I said. "Like I said how are you Camryn" "I'm serious call me that one more time and I'll walk out" I said. "Fine Camdyn, how are you" he asked rolling his eyes.

"I'm good" I said smiling. "what have you been up to? I see your still friends with this boy" he said eyeing Lane.

I now was playing with my promise ring under the table. "Actually, he's my boyfriend" I said. "Well isn't that great you finally got someone to date you Camryn" he said.