Chapter 12

Camdyn's POV

"Remember I'm gonna be a little late coming home from school because of track tryouts" I told Lane.

"I know" he said with a chuckle. "Now go before you're late to school"

He handed me Mena's leash after I slung my bag over my shoulder. "Love you" I called.

"Love you too!" He called back before I shut the front door. After driving to school I headed inside with my key card.

"Oh Camdyn" Principal Adams called as I walked past. We got a new principal a couple months ago.

"Yeah?" I asked stopping.

"We have a new student in your grade" he said. "I was wondering if you could show her around today you have the same schedule"

"Oh um sure" I said.

"Thanks so much" he said "Rebecca come here please"

A moment later a girl appeared behind him. "Yes?" She asked.

"This is Camdyn he's gonna be showing you around the school today you have the same classes"

"Alright" she said walking over to me eyeing Mena confused.

"Uh follow me" I said. "Mena come"

Mena stood up from her seated position and stood next to me waiting for me to walk.

"You have Algebra 1 first period right?" I asked.

"Yeah with Mr Roberts" she said.

"Alright come with me" I said as I started walking. "I just have to stop at my locker real quick"

"Okay" she said quickly catching up. "So uh what's with the dog?"

"Oh Mena" I said "yeah she's my service dog, I had my leg amputated back in October"

I pulled up my pants slightly to show her the prosthetic. "Wow" she replied "that's unfortunate"

I shrugged "you get used to it after awhile" I said "unless your like me and forget your missing part of your leg and go to take a step and face plant on the floor"

"That sounds interesting" she said "so what's your family like?" She asked trying to make small talk.

"Mom works in the U.S, My Dad's in jail, my sister is back and forth between living with me and her fiancee in the U.S" I said. "What about you?"

"I live with my Dad and step-mom my older brother James and my baby sister Quinn" she said. "My mom left days after I was born we have no clue where she is"

"Oh that sucks" I said stopping at my locker.

After I helped her around for the day and somehow agreed to tutor her in Algebra she came to track tryouts with me so we could go back to my house and study together later.

"Alright Light your up" Coach Pennsin said.

After finishing my tryout she told me a paper on who made the team would be posted tomorrow morning.

"Alright come on Rebecca my car's this way" I said grabbing my bag and Mena's leash. I lead her to my car and we started the drive home.

After about fifteen minutes she started to get antsy. "How much longer?" She asked then immediately apologized "sorry I get antsy in cars I was in an accident when I was little"

"It's fine my house is just up the street" I said as we pulled into the driveway.

We got out of the car and headed inside. I clipped off Mena's leash before Katie came running down "Uncle Camdynnnnn" she yelled running over.