Chapter 10

Camdyn's Pov

"Hey babe? Can you grab my crutches they want me using crutches instead of my wheelchair at some points when they're showing me Mena's commands" I said.

"Yeah" he said "hey Xenia? Can you take these out to the van for me?" He asked.

"Yup" she said grabbing the crutches and walking out the open front door.

I did a double take on Katie's diaper bag making sure everything was in there. "All right Katie's car seat is all buckled in" Carmen said walking in.

"Alright we have everything?" I asked glancing around the room.

"Yeah I think so" Lane said.

"Alright let go" Carmen said picking up Katie and shutting off the TV. We all got into the van and drove off headed for Edinburgh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We pulled into the parking lot of the training center Mena was staying at. We all got out and headed inside. "Hello how can I help you?" The receptionist asked.

"I'm Camdyn Light we have an appointment with Lizzy today" I said. She typed something in her computer.

"Alright sadly we can only allow up to two extra people in the training room with you" she said.

"Alright um Carmen you wanna take Katie to a park if something?" I asked.

"Yeah sure thing" she said "come on Katie" she said taking Katie back out to the van.

"Alright we Lizzy is waiting for you guys right through that door" she said poitning to a door.

"Okay thank you" I said. "Come on you two" we went through the door and a young lady looking about twenty was standing.

"Hello everyone I'm Lizzy" she said shaking my hand then Lane's and Xenia's.

"So you're Camryn correct?" She asked looking me. I sighed.

"It's Camdyn" I said. She nodded.

"And you're a new amputee?"

"Yes" I said.

"As well as past PTSD and anxiety?" She asked looking at a clipboard.

"Correct" I said.

"And who do we have here today?" She asked.

"My boyfriend Lane and my best friend Xenia" I said.

"It's nice to meet all of you" she said "you can all follow me back to the meet and greet room it also doubles as our introduction room where we will get you acquainted with your service dog and teach you their commands"

I nodded and she showed us into a slightly larger open room with a mat floor. I struggled a bit to get the wheelchair onto the mats but managed.

"So you use a wheelchair when out of the house and crutches at home correct?" She asked.

"Yes"

"And you're in your last year of high school?"

"Mhm"

"Alrighty give me one moment to go grab Mena for you" she said with a smile. I nodded and she disappeared through a back room.

A few minutes later she came out with a small husky. She was light brown and was wearing a red service dog vest.

"This is Mena" she said picking up the smaller sized dog. "She's a Pomeranian husky mix and is ready to come home with you all right after we show you her commands"