Chapter 8

Camdyn's Pov

I felt my heart sink. I was hoping so much it wasn't cancer. I heard Lane gasp softly and my mom looked ready to cry.

"We are going to admit you to the children's hospital in Edinburgh and start treatment immediately" she said. "We have to make sure it doesn't spread to any other parts of the body"

I nodded. "We won't make you ride in an ambulance to the hospital but you don't have time to go back home or anything you have to get in the car and go straight to Edinburgh" she said.

"Okay" my mom said "thank you Dr.Ortega"

She discharged us and we got in the car. I was sitting in the back seat with my leg stretched out and Lane was in the middle seat my leg resting on him.

"What am I going to do about finishing school? I already got held back a year. And Katelynn? What's going to happen with her I'm her legal guardian" I said.

"Calm down Cam you aren't gonna die. You can go to school between treatments and I'm sure Carmen can watch Katie since she is finishing college here in Scotland now" Mom said.

"It's gonna be okay babe" Lane said rubbing my arm I was in a full blown panic attack now and he really helped me through them.

As I calmed down we neared the hospital which was making my anxiety worse. As we pulled into the parking lot Lane helped me out and into the wheelchair.

When we were checking in a nurse took us six floors up to the pediatric ward. Lots of kids were screaming and crying. I felt like crying too.

She took us to a room and said the doctor would be in shortly. Soon after Dr.Watson came in he was a younger guy. He looked not much older than my mom. (His mom is 36)

"Hi I'm Dr.Watson" he said shaking my hand then my mom's.

"You must be Camryn" He said. I wincing slightly. My name was never changed legally so it's not changed in my medical records but my doctor's office knows.

"I prefer Camdyn" I said. "And He/Him please"

"Okay thanks for telling me" he said smiling "who do we have here?"

"This is my mom Sara and my boyfriend Lane" I said.

"It's nice to meet the both of you, so today we are going to run a round a chemotherapy on Camdyn here and do a few more tests regarding his leg. You should still be as immobile as possible for now" He said.

"I'll have a nurse come in and administer the IV and start the chemotherapy, she will go over the side effects, how it's going to work and I'd say you'll be ready to go home Sunday if everything goes smoothly" he said.

"Okay thank you Dr.Watson" I said. He nodded and backed out of the room.

A few minutes later a nurse came in with an IV bag. "Hiya Camryn, I'm Nurse Julie and I'll be your head nurse until tomorrow morning" she said with a bright and welcoming smile.

"I prefer Camdyn and He/Him buts it's nice to meet you Nurse Julie" I said. She nodded. She pulled up the doctor's chair and sat next to me.

"Alright so before we put the IV in I'm gonna go over the side effects with you" she said I nodded and I felt Lane grabbed my hand closest to him.

"So during Chemo you can feel Nauseaed and you can vomit. Your immune system will weaken so when we send you back to school we can provide you will hospital masks or if you prefer you can purchase a doctor approved one online just check in with us first. The ones offline are more comfortable but sometimes to don't work the best." She said. "You will start to experience hair loss from the treatment. You can bruise and bleed more easily. Trouble breathing may occur. And you will probably be tired a lot more often then normal"