Heartache II [Raiden x Reader]

You stood next to Kotal and Raiden stood on his other side. Your rallied troops stood behind the both of you in an orderly fashion. You focused on the other army in the distance and looked towards Kotal, who seemed to have his attention on the other army as well. You looked over at Raiden who looked over at you.
   Still riled up from the argument earlier, you both looked away from each other. I hope you know what you're doing," Raiden thought you himself.
   "Are we ready for our assault, Kotal?" you looked up at your twin brother as he was only a few inches taller then you. "First one to ten kills owes one of us a drink."
   "We'll see about that. Are we ready, Raiden?" Kotal chuckles and turns towards Raiden. Raiden simply looked over at you and nodded.
   You nodded at Kotal and turned towards your troops. "ARE WE READY?!" Your army yelled as their shouts and hollering nearly blew you over. You mounted your Osh-Tek painted horse and raised a fist in the air and spurred your horse. The entire plain was filled with yelling as your army rode toward the opposing side.
   Raiden simply teleported around the area and waited in front of the other army. They immediately shot arrows at him but Raiden teleported into the wave of soldiers. Arrows of lighting struck the ground as Raiden took out most of the troops.
   As the beating of your horses hooves can be heard you pulled out a massive blade and stormed straight into the crowd. Most of your troops got to battling the others around you. Archers shot arrows at you but with one slice, their heads slid off their necks and onto the floor. You repeated this again but felt a pain hit your chest and stopped your horse to catch your breath. You looked around to find Kotal and saw nothing until something caught your eye.
   There, on a large rock not too far away, stood a large man who held none other than Kotal's head. You felt tears in your eyes as the pain grew from your chest to the rest of your body. You horse seemingly fell over as it got shot and toppled over you.
  You laid there not seeming to care until the large man stepped toward you. He grinned as he spotted you on the floor. You quickly tried to push the horse off you but failed. The man raised his large axe above your head and closed your eyes, getting ready for what was coming next.
   The cracking of thunder made your eyes shoot open. You looked above you to see Raiden lifting the man up off the ground from his neck. Raiden's eyes glowed with a dark aura as the large man's body was shaking violently. Just like that, the large man's body went limp and his axe hit the floor with a sound.
Raiden threw the body aside and looked over at you. You didn't realize the sky was dark until the clouds started t clear up. Raiden pulled you out from under the horse and immediately held you in his arms as you cling to his shirt. The plain seemed quiet as your remaining troops stood as one.

Time skip...

A few days passed since Kotal's death and you still grieved over it. The palace held a funeral during the morning and so you stood by Kotal's coffin after the ceremony. The coffin was decorated with all kinds of gifts and ornaments. The small room was made of stone and moss seemed to grow up the wall towards the sunlight shining through the roof. The light shined upon the stone coffin as you stood in silence.
"I'm so sorry... It's all my fault..." you held back a sob and continued, "If I wasn't so naive you would still be here. I'd be next to your side again." You heard footsteps behind and wiped away your tears quickly. "Leave me be."
"Why do you blame yourself?" The voice sounded familiar so you turned around to see Raiden standing in the stone doorway.
"What did you say?"
"Why blame yourself when it is not your fault."
"It is my fault! If I had listened to you he would still be here! I-I... I failed." pieces of stone fell from the roof as your voice echoed throughout the room.
"Do not blame yourself for a fault," Raiden walked over to you.
He opened his arms and you simply stood there as he held you once one. You didn't move, all you did was lean your head against his chest.
"Why did you save me? Why not leave me there to die?"
Raiden stayed silent for a few seconds until he spoke. "That's not what he would want. I did not wish to see you perish while suffering. For I have suffered like you."
"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. I was being childish..."
Raiden pulled away and stared at you for a good few seconds and smiled. "You simply did what you thought was best. Hence your place as general." He wiped away your tears and held you hand. You simply stared back and looked away.
"Why show me sympathy?"
"I... Because I am in love... with you."
   Without thinking Raiden leaned in and before he could do anything he asked, "May I?" You nodded slowly and closed your eyes as Raiden gently placed his lips upon yours.
 ———————————————
   Little do you know someone was watching you both... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this rewritten story. I'm currently working on an Erron x Reader, but it won't be ready until a while. I appreciate everyone's patience. Thank you!