The Scouting Force

A army that hadn't been seen for over many lifetimes. Legionnaires of all eighteen legions were assembled, crimson armored Thousand Sons, silver clad Word Bearers, and stoic Imperial Fists were assembled. Over forty thousand Astartes assembled, along with the eighteen Primarchs. All assembled in front of the Gate, the Primarchs stood along with their father at the head of the Hetaeron Guard.

"Father..." The Favored stated with reverence. The wolf pelt covering his massive armor. "How is our presence, all eighteen of us, necessary?"

The Emperor stood silent, contemplating the Gate. Just as he had for the past several months. When he spoke his golden aura brightened, the Legio Astartes behind them struggling not to bow in utter illogical worship. 

"Hypothetical. Unknown beings may be malicious against someone of my might. It'll be greater should my sons go. However you are right. I needed to see how you all are faring." The Favored bowed his head so slightly it was barely perceptible to mortal eyes. All of the Emperors sons turned towards the Emperor.

"Dorn, Horus, Sanguinius, Guilliman. You and your legions shall be the first through the Gate, your individual abilities as Engineers, Warmaster, Fighters, and Administrators will do well. Should this world be a nexus as I suspect, it would do well to have more than one Primarch there. Horus, I know this is quick and there is a lack of ceremony, but as I stated before, you shall be invaluable to this new place. I shall decide who is warmaster in your stead after you leave. Assign your seconds and you shall head there with Imperial Army support and that of the Mechanicus to research any unknown technologies. Dismissed." The Emperor stated, his olive skin adding to the golden aura that surrounded him.

"All of you, await in the Throne Room. Tell Valdor I ordered you there. Lorgar, remain." The various Primarchs along with their own Sons march out, most to await in the Throne Room, the others to ready what few forces they had brought with them. Lorgar remained, a sort of melancholy of not being able to directly serve the God he worshiped most. He knew his Father disapproved of his worship but he didn't care. The truly Divine deny their divinity.

"Lorgar. You know why I have asked you to remain."

Lorgar gulped like a schola student being reprimanded.

"Yes, my Emperor. My Father." Lorgar struggled to look up at the Emperor. The Emperor stared at him then turned around back to the Gate.

"You shall remain here, so that we may learn from each other." Lorgar eyes widened, looking right up at the Emperor.

"I shall teach you why I destroyed the last church... And why I allowed the last good priest to die."