chapter 5

22:00 Seoul, South Korea 37.5665° N, 126.9780° E

"Thwack!"

Jisoo didn't bat an eyelash from her seat at the long glass table. She calmly leafed through her fashion catalogue, browsing through the many pages, selecting the clothing she liked in silence.

She looked like a queen. Her long black hair was pulled up into a high tight black ponytail. Large silver and clear teardrop shaped earring dangled down to her neck, and a string of pearls sat delicately on her collarbones. She wore an elegant white lantern sleeve surplice peplum blouse, with black slim suit pants. The finishing touch was the red Off White heels, a gift from a hopelessly in love, CEO's son she had run into in Paris.

"Thwack!"

Jisoo flipped to another page.

Shoes.

She figured she needed a new pair of heels. Her favorite pair had been inconveniently misplaced on Lisa's feet, when the younger had left the apartment earlier. She knew she wouldn't be getting them back.

"Thwack!"

Jisoo figured she also needed that new 24 carat gold face cream. Her skin hadn't been doing so well lately. Not that any other person could tell. Jisoo always looked stunning. She was often the one critiquing herself than others critiquing her.

"Thwack!"

Jisoo set the magazine down, her lips pursed in irritation, turning her head to glare at Jennie who lounged lazily on a pristine white leather couch, a good distance from her. Jennie stood out from the inviting white of the couch. She wore a black sleeveless tactical gear tank top, with white cargo pants and black steel toed combat boots. A weapons belt hung loosely from her hips, she had a gun and knife strapped to her leg, and fingerless brass knuckle gloves on her hands. She was war.

"Are you mad at me for something?"

"No."

"Thwack!"

Jisoo knew that Jennie was annoyed. The other had scowled deeply when she had told her she would be staying behind instead of going out into the clubs with Lisa and Rosé. The knife throwing was like a toddler's tantrum. Jennie version.

"I think you should practice a bit more on your aim, Jennie."

"Should I?" Jennie snarled.

"Thwack!"

"You seem to keep missing my head."

Jennie didn't reply. She calmly examined the sleek shining black blade of a combat knife in her hand. She let her finger brush against the flat edge, weighing it in her palm briefly, before leveling an amused look at Jisoo.

"I never miss."

Jisoo turned back to her catalogue. She picked it up, flipping to a new section. Accessories.

Hmm, that bracelet looks nice. Maybe I should wear it to the next meeting.

"This apartment is someone else's. They're going to be angry when they see the knives in the wall."

Jennie shrugged.

"Let them be angry. I think it adds a nice touch. Don't you Jisoo?"

Jisoo kept her eyes on the catalogue, not meeting Jennie's playful gaze.

"I know you'd rather be out doing whatever it is you do, but we need to meet some potential clients."

Jennie sneered at that.