chapter 7

13:30 Paris, France 48.8566° N, 2.3522° E

Kai glared down at the fake business card for the fifth time that afternoon in pure irritation. He stood in a polished black suit with a white shirt and black tie. If anyone had taken a glance at him they would have seen a rather handsome businessman, waiting for his turn at the bank. If they had looked a bit harder, they would also see the slight look of annoyance on his face too.

"Bernard? Who-- what even-- What kind of name is this?!"

"It's character you're playing. I worked hard to make that, so don't blow your cover. Sit still and look pretty, please." Chen chuckled though the comm unit in Kai's ear.

Kai looked out of the corner of his glasses at Chen who was masquerading as tech support for a new virus that had just hit the BNP Paribas SA bank's computers, courtesy of Chen himself. Chen waved at Kai as he followed a panicking banker to the software department in the bank.

"Why the hell am I Bernard? Why not Baekhyun?"

"Bernard fits you. Bernard is a boring, plain, rule following name." Baekhyun teased.

Kai's eardrums were assaulted by the laughter of his teammates. He rolled his eyes as he surveyed the bank lobby.

"Is there someone we are meeting or what?"

"We're here to get into the vault, not chit chat." Xiumin reminded his team of the mission. "Besides this is good practice for our infiltration skills."

"Why couldn't we just notify the bank that we were here to help them get the diamond back to them?"

"We need to see how Blackpink stole the diamond without getting caught. If we notified the bank that we were here to help them, they would expect us. We need to be as close as possible to the same conditions BP worked in, which means we can't announce our presence." Xiumin explained.

"Tell Baekhyun to stop chatting then." Kai hissed through his teeth as he flashed a charming smile to the bank teller that glanced at him in confusion at the conversation Kai appeared to be having with no one around him.

Baekhyun was across the lobby flirting with a security guard, but he looked nothing like himself. The person clinging to the security guard's arm was a young woman, dressed to the nines. A long flowing wig of shining black hair cascaded down his back, off setting the dark red of his lipstick and silk blouse. He also wore a pencil skirt hat hugged and emphasized his hips. The black choker, Louboutins, and glossy Hermes handbag were also a nice touch, finishing off the image of a rich young heiress.

Baekhyun laughed at the security guard's lame joke, throwing himself on the older man in laughter as he slipped his hand into the man's back pocket. After retrieving the blue key card, Baekhyun winked at the security guard and excused himself from their conversation, promising to talk later.

"I have the key card, let's get going." Baekhyun chirped as he pulled out a pair of sunglasses and perched them on his face before he turned to face the camera in the lobby near the office were Kai had entered.

"Why hello there, my lovely fiance." Baekhyun chirped as he threw himself into the arms of a very displeased Kai.

"I think I threw up in my mouth a little." Kai grit as he linked his arm with Baekhyun, creating the illusion of a happy young couple.

"Oh, come on." Bruno snickered. "You love playing with me."

Kai briefly contemplated yanking Baekhyun's wig off as a joke to unsettle the elder, but decided against it when he thought about the possible hell he would unleash on himself.